Air Arms Pro Sport

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally got around to buying a Pro Sport. Maybe not the most practical rifle from the perspective of a sporting tool. Obselete technology as a power source, recoiling action, single shot and slow to

I can only echo mac's comments.   Another vote for the prosport and no problem with two piece mounts at all. But go for quality no cheapy ones  

Where will i start ???   PRO SPORT   more pointable than the tx   balance is perfect   not front end heavy like the tx or the 97   as the under leaver is tucked away under the stock   and

Posted Images

Nicepix has been invited to reply.

atb

I have already replied and don't need to add anything else unless you can find an official statement from Air Arms to support what you originally posted:

I`ve shot the pro sport at my local range (my mates gun) and for me, it doesn't even compare to a TX.

I use the TX 200 mk 3 in .177 flavour and find that the accuracy available from this gun is breath taking .

I also hear that a pro sport can be a little under powered - which was confirmed by Air Arms at the recent shooting show. They went on to recommend the TX over the pro sport for hunting.

:boredom:

Ah well. I take it he thinks people are liars.

French were always good at "hiding" and masters of the "reverse gear" , especially their tanks.

I don't really care what you think. As I've said; your opinions are just that and perfectly acceptable. But when you start to try and justify your opinion by using some uncorroborated 'expert' opinion then I'll choose not to believe it. Some will favour one, and other will favour the other. That is human nature. And it also depends on what you want the gun for and your personal preferences. To say that one of these guns or the other is recommended for hunting is nonsense unless you are specific about what you are hunting and how. And even then different people will have different preferences.

But if we want to discuss facts, not opinions; Philpot said that he didn't like the Pro Sport because it was too heavy. That is an opinion. The fact is that it is lighter than the TX. Check the spec's.

You claimed that the Pro Sport is underpowered. Yet the Pro Sport and TX are basically the same girl in a different frock. Check the part numbers for the internals if you don't believe me. I've had hands on experience of two and they were definitely not underpowered. Another poster has confirmed that his four Pro Sports were similarly not lacking in power. So I don't know where you get this idea from. But it certainly isn't a fact.

And I am not French either. That is a fact.

It is also a fact that I don't think everyone is a liar. I'm taking issue with you. No one else. You posted the information.

If you don't like the Pro Sport and prefer the TX then fine. Nobody is going to quibble about that. What you are doing is trying too hard to justify your own choice. That is where we disagree.

Is it just me, or does anyone else not quite understand how the power on the prosport can fade over time?

Obviously apart from the usual wear and tear of seals and perhaps the need for stripping and relubing, new spring etc? Just like any other springer would need at some point?

There are two big plus points for the prosport in my eyes, one is no anti-bear trap device thingy, and the other is the open action when the breech is open. Underlevers are a pain to load and you will drop pellets in there- it always made me smile when I have accidentally dropped a pellet when loading and it drops out of the bottom of the gun. An absolute arse with the TX.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does anyone else not quite understand how the power on the prosport can fade over time?

Obviously apart from the usual wear and tear of seals and perhaps the need for stripping and relubing, new spring etc? Just like any other springer would need at some point?

There are two big plus points for the prosport in my eyes, one is no anti-bear trap device thingy, and the other is the open action when the breech is open. Underlevers are a pain to load and you will drop pellets in there- it always made me smile when I have accidentally dropped a pellet when loading and it drops out of the bottom of the gun. An absolute arse with the TX.

I only smile if I'm quick enough to catch it :laugh:

• Like 1

French were always good at "hiding" and masters of the "reverse gear" , especially their tanks.

I don't really care what you think. As I've said; your opinions are just that and perfectly acceptable. But when you start to try and justify your opinion by using some uncorroborated 'expert' opinion then I'll choose not to believe it. Some will favour one, and other will favour the other. That is human nature. And it also depends on what you want the gun for and your personal preferences. To say that one of these guns or the other is recommended for hunting is nonsense unless you are specific about what you are hunting and how. And even then different people will have different preferences.

But if we want to discuss facts, not opinions; Philpot said that he didn't like the Pro Sport because it was too heavy. That is an opinion. The fact is that it is lighter than the TX. Check the spec's.

You claimed that the Pro Sport is underpowered. Yet the Pro Sport and TX are basically the same girl in a different frock. Check the part numbers for the internals if you don't believe me. I've had hands on experience of two and they were definitely not underpowered. Another poster has confirmed that his four Pro Sports were similarly not lacking in power. So I don't know where you get this idea from. But it certainly isn't a fact.

It is also a fact that I don't think everyone is a liar. I'm taking issue with you. No one else. You posted the information.

If you don't like the Pro Sport and prefer the TX then fine. Nobody is going to quibble about that. What you are doing is trying too hard to justify your own choice. That is where we disagree.

The tx and pro sport internals are mostly the same and can be changed from one to the other so if that's the case why if the pro sport loses power the same should happen to the other

as nicepics has say,d the same girl in a better dress (the pro sport that is )

Or is it just the case that its

YOUR GUN AND ITS NOT ANY ONE ELSE,S GUN IT YOURS

AND ITS THE BEST, NO ONE HAS ONE BETTER

(sorry mark )

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

The tx and pro sport internals are mostly the same and can be changed from one to the other so if that's the case why if the pro sport loses power the same should happen to the other

as nicepics has say,d the same girl in a better dress (the pro sport that is )

Or is it just the case that its

YOUR GUN AND ITS NOT ANY ONE ELSE,S GUN IT YOURS

AND ITS THE BEST, NO ONE HAS ONE BETTER

(sorry mark )

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Which is why the Pro Sport hasn't had the research and development that the TX had as mentioned in Philpot's post. They didn't need to do much R&D when they were basically upgrading the old model. As far as I know they only major changes are changing the bear trap mechanism and the shorter cocking lever. Neither of which will affect the power level.

• Like 1

No and "i don't give a rat`s fanny" what you think !

I`ll try again but in vain I think as " empty tins make lots of noise" and you "sure are empty".

As per original post -

" Not my statement !"

Phil`s Air Arms representative "hello" ! echo ! echo! :fool:

I`m not going to carry this any further as it is childish on your part. I really don't give a "fck" who is upsetting you or what is upsetting you - the fact remains, "IT WAS SAID" by an AA rep`.

Live with it ! :feck:

Be alright owing Frenchie a fiver £5 - eh ?

Forgive me lord for I have sinned !

What have you done my son ? :huh:

Well "i repeated what an AA rep` said to Phil pot on the THL forum"

"Whaaaat" !

Yeah, he said a Pro sport airgun is not as powerful as a T REX and Niceprix read it :angel:.

Oh dear my son.

Yeah Father - he must think I`ve pinched his house the way he`s going on :rofl:

What can I do Father as I`ve told him the truth throughout our handbag slinging ?

Welllll my Son you could tell him what I would say but then again he might think it`s you that said it, "again".

What would you say Father ? Please ?

Son, tell him to "Go forth and multiply"

"My Dad says FECK OFF !"

"Only saying like". Dr B :rofl:

​.

• Like 1