3/8 dh 5/8 gh a have got on just now bred down from half crosses from bills stuff , if they like the 3/4 Bred we shall have handy thing , barring injury or turning into horses lol few pups left due to being let down lol pm for details ,can not grasp how to put pics up

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive met Darren to, He was running one of Miss Nobles deerhounds for her Ardkinglas Ace that beat my Becky in the final on an organised event.   Thats him second from the right on this photo.. The

Aye gets some pics up matie.. Some of the main physical differences about Doxhope first crosses when comapred to others of the time, was that they were smaller, stronger, lighter and nimbler. What h

All these hounds have Doxhope blood in them some more than others

Posted Images

3/8 dh 5/8 gh a have got on just now bred down from half crosses from bills stuff , if they like the 3/4 Bred we shall have handy thing , barring injury or turning into horses lol few pups left due to being let down lol pm for details ,can not grasp how to put pics up

Aye gets some pics up matie..

Some of the main physical differences about Doxhope first crosses when comapred to others of the time, was that they were smaller, stronger, lighter and nimbler. What happens after the first cross is dictated by how the dog is then bred, putting it to a greyhound, or other dogs with deerhound or larger breeds in them will in most cases knock that size back up..thats fine if you like big dogs. These are deerhound crosses, so work has to be done if size is to be kept at a sensible level, or brought down further..Ive never been a lover of big lurchers or first crossers, 23-24 inches are my thing. I brought down deerhound crosses to these sizes 20 years before Doxhope was created,

Mother on the left, daughter on the right, these go back to first cross deerhound x greyhounds bred in the 70`s

post-97768-0-20732000-1465563480_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omanyra
  • Like 17

No whippet matie

Put collie cross in, kept the smallest or one of the smallest bitches each generation, lurchers to lurcher crosses focussing on using the best around where I lived at the time, dogs what I believed would suit and click with my bitches best, and used some dogs related to mine

After 6-7 generations my bitches were levelling out 23-24 inches weighing about 40-45lbs

Dogs, these were not as consistent and ranged from 24-28

I focussed on bitches, and we did the same with our deerhounds so both were considered to be good bitch lines

Edited by Omanyra
  • Like 8

These pups be dogs for the job

• Like 1

No whippet matie

Put collie cross in, kept the smallest or one of the smallest bitches each generation, lurchers to lurcher crosses focussing on using the best around where I lived at the time, dogs what I believed would suit and click with my bitches best, and used some dogs related to mine

After 6-7 generations my bitches were levelling out 23-24 inches weighing about 40-45lbs

Dogs, these were not as consistent and ranged from 24-28

I focussed on bitches, and we did the same with our deerhounds so both were considered to be good bitch lines

Fully agree,...I've bred Deerhound lurchers myself,..and although the Whippet route did produce some mini-Deerhounds,..the best way is to continualy breed,..lurcher to lurcher ,.working on the smaller, more compact, well balanced examples until the size levels out at around about the 24"/25" mark.. :thumbs:

• Like 2

My lurchers originally came from a half cross dog..never had the chance to make comparisons going the other way

Some good images there matie, and some cracking looking dogs :-)

Mint set ups to....

Edited by Omanyra
  • Like 2

Aye gets some pics up matie..

Some of the main physical differences about Doxhope first crosses when comapred to others of the time, was that they were smaller, stronger, lighter and nimbler. What happens after the first cross is dictated by how the dog is then bred, putting it to a greyhound, or other dogs with deerhound or larger breeds in them will in most cases knock that size back up..thats fine if you like big dogs. These are deerhound crosses, so work has to be done if size is to be kept at a sensible level, or brought down further..Ive never been a lover of big lurchers or first crossers, 23-24 inches are my thing. I brought down deerhound crosses to these sizes 20 years before Doxhope was created,

Mother on the left, daughter on the right, these go back to first cross deerhound x greyhounds bred in the 70`s

three in one night 2.jpg

They are cracking lurchers would love one of this type of breeding. Gry x deerhound x collie. Have worked with one for the last 2 seasons and he is a cracker. I believe morton of here bred him. The dog does everything asked a true poachers dog. Has lightening quick speed and endless stamina