Josh James - The Kiwi Bushman

Anybody follow this chap on YouTube?

I really like him, dead grounded and matter of fact. Good sense of humour. Basically earns his living from hunting, trapping and rafting. Hell of a life. Makes me wonder what the f**k I'm playing at, LOL.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

Just watched his goat bow hunting one,he's certainly living the dream.

Yeah. I guess a lot of whiter than white do everything by the book types would have a right time tearing the man down for lack of standards or whatever but to me I think his attitude is great. He loves what he does and just cracks on, not afraid to show his mistakes or say non PC things. His country looks f***ing fantastic! Mountain hunting is one of my dream rifle hunts and his Tahr hunts look great!

• Like 1

Wasnt he going to have his own tv show coming out ?....or it might already be on one of them geographic channels im not sure.......its great for us that someone like him is willing to film everything he does but it must drive him mad all the start/stop filming and making sure he,s in the shot etc....like he aint got enough on his mind already !

I think so yeah, I read something about him being on some series as a guest and now getting his own show I think. He used to make a living trapping possum in the winter and doing rafting guiding in the summer round the world. He made his first video to show his Canadian mates what he gets up to and the world took an interest!

Anyway, now he makes his living partly from his media fame. So yeah must be a ball ache but it puts food in his kids mouths so to speak and he genuinely seems to enjoy it, bit of a character.

Isn't he on that series with that posh English chef where they get dropped in remote places and he hunts and the posh boy cooks hat he catches ... If so he isn't that good in all honesty ......

• 2 years later...
16 minutes ago, Outofnowhere said:

Like his style and his video's.  A great family and his buddy looks like he's in ZZ top when he's not climbing mountains in gumboots ?

I love his stuff. Keep meaning to buy his patreon subscription.

8 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Watched few of his videos now his kids look like they have fun, but he certainly gets a few goodies through sponsorship or plugging them , his wife’s nice though ?

Man's gotta earn a living. Fair play to him, he found a way of literally making what he loves earn him decent money.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Man's gotta earn a living. Fair play to him, he found a way of literally making what he loves earn him decent money.

15 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

So did I until it became unfashionable here to wear a fur coat, I also have a watch of him when I,m in the bath mate and quite enjoy it, also quite like mantracker with terry grant as a bath time watch 

• Like 1