Do You Practice/ Train On Your Shooting Technique Weekly ?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's me, that is - unnaturaly talented. I can put a pellet past a rabbits head and make it jump without harming it at all. And I can prove it - my mate witnessed me do it 4 times in my last 2 outing

Have no time to train im to busy out shooting vermin   honest   atvbmac :thumbs:

I bow down to the almighty moxy the man { really a god } who over time has educated us all in the way of stalking , shooting , and being able to hit just about anything that we shoot at , with out th

Posted Images

all depends on the weather mark, I'm a site brickie so living in yorkshire i get rained off quite a bit!

so on a crap week loads, the tx is sorted and more testing so i feel i put more effort into my shooting, i use a scope with no mil dots or parallax ajust so I'm working with the gun rather than relying on the features like on the optisan on my 100s.

spend most of my time working on freehand but I'm not the best hence the sticks :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 1

Everyday now I have this garden. 97 will go through a tin of 500 every 6-7 days.

I like to shoot the PCP's but, air and boredom becomes, well, boring after 5-10 shots and it's just as it was the day before. And I don't feel I've progressed by using them.

Rapids getting some use, just so I know the power curve a bit more, but that's alright now. However, I may be px'ing it for a 22 mk2 at the weekend... :)

• Like 2

Every day. Mostly in the garden with the tx at the moment but definately every day as I shoot from in the kitchen, out of the window down the garden at 34 yards so it can be peeing down and its still good.

As for how many......it depends how long it takes my dearly beloved to lose her rag and say something caring and sympathetic like....."will you get out of the f#*×ing way, Im trying to fill the kettle"!!! But as a rule I would say 40 to 50 shots a day to keep my eye in and if I'm leading in then 2 to 3 hundred.

• Like 2

Pretty much every day I can when work allows me time to enjoy a practice session on my 35-metre garden range. I'm lucky to be able to set a couple of hours aside each day for shooting practice sessions.

I shoot spring rifles a way lot more than my PCP and they demand dedicated practice. I'll shoot about one or two tinfuls of ammo through one of my four rifles a month, especially when the rabbits and spring/summer shooting arrives.

My HW80 .22 has never shot better since BigMac97KT restored the stock so, that rifle is getting the attention at the moment. Sadly, my beloved Simmons Whitetail scope I bought for that rifle new, has just, finally bit the dust after 18 years of hard use sighting my HW80, a powerful, recoiling springer under her. Front objective lens shaken loose and Nitrogen burst inside while out with her on a rabbit permission the other night . :icon_eek::huh:

I wonder if, after 18 years and the shop I bought it from has closed down, I can still claim a replacement under Simmons' Lifetime warranty/Guarantee? :hmm:

All the best Gentlemen.

Simon

• Like 1

Pretty much every day I can when work allows me time to enjoy a practice session on my 35-metre garden range. I shoot spring rifles a way lot more than my PCP and they demand dedicated practice. I'll shoot about one or two tinfuls of ammo through one of my four rifles a month, especially when the rabbits and spring/summer shooting arrives.

My HW80 .22 has never shot better since BigMac97KT restored the stock so, that rifle is getting the attention at the moment. Sadly, my beloved Simmons Whitetail scope I bought for that rifle new, has just, finally bit the dust after 18 years of hard use sighting my HW80, a powerful, recoiling springer under her. Front objective lens shaken loose and Nitrogen burst inside while out with her on a rabbit permission the other night . :icon_eek::huh:

I wonder if, after 18 years and the shop I bought it from has closed down, I can still claim a replacement under Simmons' Lifetime warranty/Guarantee? :hmm:

Yes Simon!!

Simmons were taken over by Bushnell and are honouring the guarantee.

The crosshairs broke on my WTC and they replaced the scope with a new Bushnell. Just shy of £400.

Mick, thanks for this. I'll go have a chat with my local RFD's shop. Maybe they can arrange it all?

Happy belated birthday greetings too mate! :thumbs:

All the best.

Simon

:laugh: My birthdays a way off yet mate, unless thats for last year :laugh: But thanks.

Contact bushnell direct. Their customer services are good.

http://bushnell.eu/uk/contact/

imo, if you have to practice/train to shoot an air rifle

You need to sell them an get another hobby

I must need to sell all of mine then and find something which needs no practice,

Oh i have found one , post stupid comments on forums :tongue2:

• Like 3