Is anybody else going thru it at the moment? I got told last Thursday that I was up for it but the lad at the bottom of the matrix has been told today. This lad is sh*t hot at his job and I really can't see how he's at the bottom on the matrix apart from people higher up not having the bollocks the get rid of lazy bone idle piss taking c**ts that have been there 30 yrs +. Is it a cost thing? Does age and experience (in what is essentially an unskilled manual labour job) really beat youth and enthusiasm? He's asked me to go in to the meeting with him on Thursday and to be honest I'll probably end up just firing f**ks in to my boss and putting my head on the block lol. This lads 33 by the way so not a young pup and has been doing the job for 5 years now and knows more than the bloke who's favourite saying is "I like to think they pay me for what I know, not what I do" the lazy half arsed f**kwit!

Sorry but I had to vent somwhere and the Internet seemed the ideal place lol

• Like 2

It costs more to make you redundant the longer you've been there and even more expensive if the person is over 40, so the old timers are more expensive to get rid of than to keep.

Do you think that that's right tho walshie? Redundancy is capped at 25yrs anyway, and if the guy has no intention to work but claims his wage again in overtime! While eating his bloody breakfast when everyone else is hard at it? If they stopped his overtime it would pay this lads wage! But, they just go for the easy option! And its wrong in my opinion!

• Like 1

Been working under a perpetual cycle of mass redundancies for the last 18 months. It's gash but that's business. Makes no odds how good you or your colleagues think you are at your job, it's how much your managers value you. The matrix of doom is just a politically correctway of justifying that.

• Like 1

A old saying said to me in 1980 when i started my apprenticeship by a old scouse fella.

He who works and tries his best goes down the road with all the rest.

He who f#rts and f#cks about gets to see the job last out.

The saying proved to be correct many times over the years unfortunatley.

• Like 6

A old saying said to me in 1980 when i started my apprenticeship by a old scouse fella.

He who works and tries his best goes down the road with all the rest.

He who f#rts and f#cks about gets to see the job last out.

The saying proved to be correct many times over the years unfortunatley.

not heard that before, but very fitting it seems mate.
  • Like 2

there was this sign hanging up in my mates loo over 25 years ago, it seems to read true, even after all this time,

if you work hard, and do your best, your get the sack, like the rest,

if you laze and sod about, your live to see the job right out,

the work is hard, the pay is small, so take your time and sod them all,

or on your tombstone lightly lacquered,

these three words,

just bleeding knackered...!

the more you seem to do for people, the less your thought of......not just in the work place....in general....

• Like 1

Half our workforce (400+) now or soon redundant, some of the ones they've kept on? FFS

Not cos of long service or skills for some but cos they kiss arse

Cheers, D.

• Like 3

About 10 years ago there were going to be some redundancies where I worked. They were asking for volunteers first. I didn't like the idea of continuing to work somewhere where redundancy was an option every time they went through a bad patch, so I made some enquiries as to what the redundancy package was and some enquiries about a job with another company.

My last day was on a Friday and I started my new job the following Tuesday with £7k (tax free!) on the hip. Best move I ever made.

Sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise.

About 10 years ago there were going to be some redundancies where I worked. They were asking for volunteers first. I didn't like the idea of continuing to work somewhere where redundancy was an option every time they went through a bad patch, so I made some enquiries as to what the redundancy package was and some enquiries about a job with another company.

My last day was on a Friday and I started my new job the following Tuesday with £7k (tax free!) on the hip. Best move I ever made.

Sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise.

I know a few folks that have done that. One at least was offered the voluntary redundancy package totally dependent on whether he got a job with Rolls Royce. They didn't want to lose him, but knowing he was waiting on a recent interview the management would rather he made up part of that recent batch of redundancies than someone else only for him to potentially hand in his notice if successful. Anyway, the lad got the job and is fecking laughing now!

Some of the old boys have gone down to part time, other staff have used the opportunity to join family businesses or take up other job offers with a few grand to soften the risk.

It's gash but for some it's a great opportunity.

Just handed my notice in, been waiting for redundancy for ages boss is too tight for that, get your CV upto date mate and be ready, I've done the F*** boss' thing this week and its no good for anyone, stay calm and polite and move on mate, hope it all works out for you and your pal.