Ruger 10-22 Zeroing Problems

Hi all, after some advice please, Just brought a 10-22 new and having a nightmare zeroing my scope in. Have tried 3 different scopes thinking they might be the problem but have all worked fine on my other guns so sure it cant be the scopes. Its basically firing super low and i run out of clicks to bring it up. I started at 55 yds then down to 25 and then 10 but even at 10 its massively low. What am I doing wrong?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing.   Raise the back of the mount that screws to the top of the receiver. A plastic bottle cut and shaped shim should do it.   U.

Good news it was a simple fix. Regarding the tool they used to set the scope in the shop, it's known as a shot saver. Not designed or fit for the purpose they applied it for. I say this as I once h

They work after a fashion and they put you in the AREA, I didn't say they put you on the paper, that's why I said .....   The shot saver will put you in the area, if you were that far off something

Posted Images

I agree shimming would sort it out, but should a new gun need shims?

It's unlikely but have you checked the barrel is nipped up tight? Should be a couple of allen screws.

Just a thought.

Took it back to the shop today and they shimed it but still no good. Added more but no different, would need a bloody coke can to do the job.

Tell the shop to sort it, if they cannot sort it then there is a serious problem, get your cash back or an exchange

Took it back to the shop today and they shimed it but still no good. Added more but no different, would need a bloody coke can to do the job.

Tell the shop to sort it, if they cannot sort it then there is a serious problem, get your cash back or an exchange

Thats the next step, shouldnt have to mess on like this!

Thats the next step, shouldnt have to mess on like this!

It is very obvious to you and everyone here something is far from right.

Back to the RFD and get him to sort it or refund. Shims should NOT be required regardless.

ATB!

• Like 1

Where did they shim it?

Between the rear scope mount and scope.

Wrong.

The mount/rail fixed to the rifle needs shimming at the rear. Or material removed from the front of the rail.

I only recommend shimming scope rings to alter the first cross over distance. Any large adjustment is made at the rifle junction with the sight mounting system.

U.

Where did they shim it?

Wrong.

The mount/rail fixed to the rifle needs shimming at the rear. Or material removed from the front of the rail.

I only recommend shimming scope rings to alter the first cross over distance. Any large adjustment is made at the rifle junction with the sight mounting system.

U.

Right or wrong doesn't matter in this case, there is no way a 10/22 should need any shims to zero at circa 50 yards!

Where did they shim it?

Wrong.

U.

Right or wrong doesn't matter in this case, there is no way a 10/22 should need any shims to zero at circa 50 yards!

In principle yes. Old tooling is probably to blame.

Only ever owned one and handled others, worked on them and I find them over rated.

That aside, the receiver is a casting and and slight angle deviation in relation to the bore will cause this.

This is not an isolated case, honestly!

U.