Anybody Have Any Knowledge On Employment Law

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not true, I run my own company, all my blokes are loyal, and they get just rewards for it, I lent one of them 5k to pay a debt off so he didn't get kicked out his home, -interest free, pay back

For the sake of £13 a month join the union, I am a rep for Unite, not only will you be represented at your place of work, you will receive a free telephone help line, free legal representation from nu

Right guys, time to stop the band wagon. Everyone is saying this company broke procedures or broke rules without knowing the companies procedures.   I think you will find, unfortunately, that there

Iv worked at the same place for the last 16 years never had any warnings then last year I bought a flapjack from the works canteen and took it to my car on my break on the way to my car across the car park I had a couple of bites like I had done for the past 2 years since the new car park was put there like a lot of the other people that work there any way back to the flapjack the security officer on that day decided to film me eating it across the car park and reported me to HR cut a long story short I ended up getting a final written warning for it and kicked out of the Christmas draw you get entered if you don't have a day off all year also you get £500 lost that as well, it says in the hand book no food to be taken out of the canteen, I couldn't do f**k all about it

Jesus my blood is boiling for you pal. That's how loyalty to a firm is rewarded these days :no:

• Like 5

There is so much wrong with this disciplinary! What dose your company handbook say ? Is this a new or inexperienced manager ? We're you given notice of a disciplinary hearing ? Did you have time to compose a defence ? As a manager I would be sacked if did not follow procedure, if in any doubt call acas they will advise you fully, and you have been there over the two year threshold so if you are victimised because of challenging the decision you can sue for unfair dismissal ! Good luck

Thanks for your replies fellas, I will ask to see the company handbook tomorrow, the manager has been in place for approx 8 years so should know what he is doing, I was given no notice and no time to compose a defence.

We have a newish CEO who I,m has gone through the other parts of the company in a similar way , sacking anybody who either speaks up for themselves or rubs her up the wrong way.

One more thing it is a social enterprise we work for...I have been told that it is very hard to bring a claim successfully against a charity, does anyone have any idea if this is true

Cheers again lads for the help and advice

Tell me about it, he got a lad the same day for drinking a coffee in his car, they have never got anyone else since and there's still people walking across the car park drinking and eating but they have put a sign up now saying no eat or drinking in the car park f***ing c**ts they are

• Like 1

There is so much wrong with this disciplinary! What dose your company handbook say ? Is this a new or inexperienced manager ? We're you given notice of a disciplinary hearing ? Did you have time to compose a defence ? As a manager I would be sacked if did not follow procedure, if in any doubt call acas they will advise you fully, and you have been there over the two year threshold so if you are victimised because of challenging the decision you can sue for unfair dismissal ! Good luck

Thanks for your replies fellas, I will ask to see the company handbook tomorrow, the manager has been in place for approx 8 years so should know what he is doing, I was given no notice and no time to compose a defence.

We have a newish CEO who I,m has gone through the other parts of the company in a similar way , sacking anybody who either speaks up for themselves or rubs her up the wrong way.

One more thing it is a social enterprise we work for...I have been told that it is very hard to bring a claim successfully against a charity, does anyone have any idea if this is true

Cheers again lads for the help and advice

The law is the law no matter what type of company it is, call acas they will give you free impartial advice mate :)

• Like 3

Iv worked at the same place for the last 16 years never had any warnings then last year I bought a flapjack from the works canteen and took it to my car on my break on the way to my car across the car park I had a couple of bites like I had done for the past 2 years since the new car park was put there like a lot of the other people that work there any way back to the flapjack the security officer on that day decided to film me eating it across the car park and reported me to HR cut a long story short I ended up getting a final written warning for it and kicked out of the Christmas draw you get entered if you don't have a day off all year also you get £500 lost that as well, it says in the hand book no food to be taken out of the canteen, I couldn't do f**k all about it

Jesus my blood is boiling for you pal. That's how loyalty to a firm is rewarded these days :no:

Unless you're the owner, loyalty to any company is a mugs game...

• Like 4

Sounds like they need to make cuts and are getting rid of people

Appeal this mate as if it's bullshit you will win

They've not followed procedure at all

That was my first thought. ..make cuts and not pay redundancy
  • Like 1

Who do you work for monkey, one of the worst ive come across is dhl abslote twats for breaking employment law

I've worked with DHL, on and off, for the last 5 years. I've always been a contractor, not employed, but my experience of them has been excellent.