Bearded Collie X Grey

There must be some good ones out of Hancock's yard ,if you breed 5 litters or more a year out of collies and greyhounds

There BOUND to be some decent dogs if a few get in the right hands,stands to reason.

Doesn't make it right though.

But same old story when the very word of collie cross is mentioned Hancock gets battered for being a peddlar ,and every back yard breeder lies about what's in there stock , old and boring now if you want a Hancock crack on

If you want a pup from worked parents there a couple of litters for sale on here right now that will do a decent lurchers job.

Very true what you say there roybo, and my eye is drawn immediately to that dark brindle every time I log on to this site lol. BUT, even though neither parents are bull x's per se, with bull in both of them, and quite a lot in the sire, I personally wouldn't take a punt on one, even though they are very nice pups :thumbs:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beddy greyhound and a beardie greyhound worked great together

Nothing wrong AT ALL with the dogs I've seen directly from hancock, or dogs bred from dogs from hancock. Going up this friday with my son to pick his pup up. Seen a few over the years, NOT picking th

Posted Images

There must be some good ones out of Hancock's yard ,if you breed 5 litters or more a year out of collies and greyhounds

There BOUND to be some decent dogs if a few get in the right hands,stands to reason.

But same old story when the very word of collie cross is mentioned Hancock gets battered for being a peddlar ,and every back yard breeder lies about what's in there stock , old and boring now if you want a Hancock crack on

If you want a pup from worked parents there a couple of litters for sale on here right now that will do a decent lurchers job.

Very true what you say there roybo, and my eye is drawn immediately to that dark brindle every time I log on to this site lol. BUT, even though neither parents are bull x's per se, with bull in both of them, and quite a lot in the sire, I personally wouldn't take a punt on one, even though they are very nice pups :thumbs:
the sire has about 3/16 bull not a massive amount of personally why wouldn't you take a punt ,just don't like bull in the breeding.

the sire has about 3/16 bull not a massive amount of personally why wouldn't you take a punt ,just don't like bull in the breeding.

That's basically it really mate, I'm just not a fan of lurchers with bull in them. I personally know of a couple of dogs with a bit of bull in them, and they were good dogs, but it was only a small amount of bull and only on one parent's side.

And feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the dam to the pups is socks' bitch litter sister, and I'm led to believe there was bull on both sides of parents, albeit a way back? A tad too much bull really for my preference, personally. Cracking looking litter though, with bitch and pups looking happy and contented :thumbs:

I honestly believe if you saw either work,it would change your mind shaark.

I am not one to big dogs up pal,as I believe there's always better.

But I've seen both work ,do dawn to dusk

And still want more ,and in spite of(or because of) bull,in their breeding.

I know one thing though mate if a dog had a little of anything in its breeding if both parents worked well I have a pup if they done the work that suited me.

• Like 2

I honestly believe if you saw either work,it would change your mind shaark.

I am not one to big dogs up pal,as I believe there's always better.

But I've seen both work ,do dawn to dusk

And still want more ,and in spite of(or because of) bull,in their breeding.

I know one thing though mate if a dog had a little of anything in its breeding if both parents worked well I have a pup if they done the work that suited me.

I know what you're saying mate, but I'd just always have that little bit of doubt in the back of my head, I just don't really like lurchers with a fair amount of bull in, and it would play on my mind and colour my judgement of the pup lol. But, as the saying goes, never say never lol :thumbs:

You seriously need to get out more lol

Sorry don't mean that to sound nasty but you need to see some that have bull in them and work to a decent standard.

Anyways enough high jacking the lads thread .

• Like 2

You seriously need to get out more lol

Sorry don't mean that to sound nasty but you need to see some that have bull in them and work to a decent standard.

Anyways enough high jacking the lads thread .

Lol :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with your search buddy. Genuine straight Beardie cross not bred at the puppy farm are rarer than hens teeth.

Drop me a PM sometime. I do here whispers from time to time.

Is that because there's a shortage of working straight beardies?

Modern farming methods and the increased popularity of trialing has seen the Beardie fall out if favour. So no there ain't to many around these days.

There are a few dedicated stockman still keeping things goin. A quick look on the 'Shepherds with Beardies' website will give you some idea of who's out there.

The best advice I can give anyone pursuing a Beardie pup or potential stud is to avoid the Working Bearded Collie Society at all costs.

Bored housewives playing ball with shaggy mongrals.

Best of luck.

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...

Hi folks,

I have no plans to breed in the immediate future, unless something unexpected happens of course. I will however entertain the idea of studding my pure Beardie dog out to straight Greyhound bitches or Deerhound/Greyhound composites only. And only bitches of a sufficiently high caliber.

Obviously there are few non-handcock bred dogs about so it's in my interest to know of future breeding options.

If anybody would like to discuss please initially contact me via PM. I'm rarely active on the forums these days so you may have to be patient for my reply.

Thanks.

Magpie.

• Like 3

Hancock is the biggest peddlar of working dogs in the country and that's coming from someone who's owned one of his dogs.

The entire litter was nervous and looked like they had little human contact if any at all, being a young kid who'd read a few Plummer books I had my heart set on a Merle dog, I wouldn't have one again....