Bearded Collie X Grey

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beddy greyhound and a beardie greyhound worked great together

Nothing wrong AT ALL with the dogs I've seen directly from hancock, or dogs bred from dogs from hancock. Going up this friday with my son to pick his pup up. Seen a few over the years, NOT picking th

Posted Images

I had a cracking Hancock beardie/ border x greyhound,,,,,,many moons ago. Very very laid back dog at home, but incredibly driven in the field. A cracking mooching dog.......really good at hunting.

I've given Hancock a bit of criticism in the past,,,,,but given the amount of bell ends that I visited that last two times I've wanted a lurcher, I would definitely consider him. Mine old dog was a cracker.

• Like 1

I had a cracking Hancock beardie/ border x greyhound,,,,,,many moons ago. Very very laid back dog at home, but incredibly driven in the field. A cracking mooching dog.......really good at hunting.

I've given Hancock a bit of criticism in the past,,,,,but given the amount of bell ends that I visited that last two times I've wanted a lurcher, I would definitely consider him. Mine old dog was a cracker.

that is why I went there. You get what you want from him, no secrets. Put time in and get something back
  • Like 1

Remus was the sire of my first lurcher. He had another pure kelpie at the time called Fiona who was a lovely little thing that looked more like a wily goat than a dog. I'm pretty sure she was Remus' daughter but I don't know who the dam was.

• Like 1

Remus was the sire of my first lurcher. He had another pure kelpie at the time called Fiona who was a lovely little thing that looked more like a wily goat than a dog. I'm pretty sure she was Remus' daughter but I don't know who the dam was.

Mine was out of remus to a big ex coursing greyhound called peach. Fiona was remus to a bearded collie called meg. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Remus was the sire of my first lurcher. He had another pure KELPIE at the time called Fiona who was a lovely little thing that looked more like a wily goat than a dog. I'm pretty sure she was Remus' daughter but I don't know who the dam was.

You've got them on the brain Neal

• Like 2

Was it Remus's brother that had to be destroyed because of temperament? Also do you think Hancock looks at temperament or just the physical conformity of the dogs he breeds?

They do consider the temperament yes, she told me they wouldn't keep a bad un and I was surprised to see all the collie types walking around and not feel threatened like on most farms.

Was it Remus's brother that had to be destroyed because of temperament? Also do you think Hancock looks at temperament or just the physical conformity of the dogs he breeds?

They do consider the temperament yes, she told me they wouldn't keep a bad un and I was surprised to see all the collie types walking around and not feel threatened like on most farms.
spot on gnipper, first time I went I had the kids with me, and first I was wary to get kids out as they ain't small dogs and all the shit people talk on here I questioned it. After seeing how they were their behaviour was spot on and great with my kids. Didn't see a single nervy aggressive collie there.

Doesn't mean that you can't do a collie x head in or bad handling can certainly make them funny though in my opinion. Same as any dog, if all you do is smack it n scream at it the dog will become nervous etc.

Just to add as well, there's a nice collie there I asked why she hasn't bred off it, she said his temperament is spiteful and sly and she doesn't like that so won't breed off him.

Edited by Somewhereyournot
  • Like 1

Mine was out of remus to a big ex coursing greyhound called peach. Fiona was remus to a bearded collie called meg. :thumbs:

Thanks for that: although I've always liked beardies I prefer the Remus type to the bigger type.

That was Eyli who was destroyed due to temperament. He was the brother of Enoch who was from the first litter of Richard x Linnet (so 3/4 beardie/border 1/4 greyhound). My second lurcher was from the third litter of the same cross...he had a lovely character...very easy going and laid back and amazing feet and a hide like a rhino.

Remus was the sire of my first lurcher. He had another pure KELPIE at the time called Fiona who was a lovely little thing that looked more like a wily goat than a dog. I'm pretty sure she was Remus' daughter but I don't know who the dam was.

You've got them on the brain Neal

That's hilarious...I can't believe I put that! I would put up a head-slap emoticon but since updating to Windows 10 I can no longer use them so I'll write D'oh! instead.

• Like 2

spot on gnipper, first time I went I had the kids with me, and first I was wary to get kids out as they ain't small dogs and all the shit people talk on here I questioned it. After seeing how they were their behaviour was spot on and great with my kids. Didn't see a single nervy aggressive collie there.

Doesn't mean that you can't do a collie x head in or bad handling can certainly make them funny though in my opinion. Same as any dog, if all you do is smack it n scream at it the dog will become nervous etc.

Just to add as well, there's a nice collie there I asked why she hasn't bred off it, she said his temperament is spiteful and sly and she doesn't like that so won't breed off him.

Told me the same thing about one of them and it was because he fought the other dogs not bit people.