It's something to do with the fenn not killing a stoat quick enough and stoats fall under the EU laws regarding the fur trade and fur bareing animal. I've looked into it a bit as I'm a grouse keeper with hundreds of fenns on the ground.

If you are likely to be catching a stoat in it (even if its a miscatch) it will be illegal to place it, unless you can somehow prevent a stoat getting into it.

Think someone mentioned that the DOC could be used as a replacement for the Fenn but you will need to check on that - luckily I don't find myself having to worry about it too much

It's something to do with the fenn not killing a stoat quick enough and stoats fall under the EU laws regarding the fur trade and fur bareing animal. I've looked into it a bit as I'm a grouse keeper with hundreds of fenns on the ground.

You are spot on there Bobba,...absolute politics,..nothing more than that....

I sympathise with your predicament on the Moor,....we have a similar situation darn sarf on some wild bird shoots...

As you know,.when you've Grouse and Grey Partridge to protect....Stoats can be a big old problem... :yes:

Not quite sure how all this Fenn business is going to pan out,.... :hmm: