Not Another 22 Hornet Thread?!

Nice looking rifle, I've owned quite a a few cz's.

But the only one I couldn't get to shoot was a brand new .223, hand-loading didn't fix it, so away it went.

Shame as the rifle was just mechanically perfect, down to the double set trigger, but that was a .223!

Anyway good luck with yours, the hornet looks a reloaders dream, I've never had one but they have an

enviable reputation.

AF

Nice looking rifle, I've owned quite a a few cz's.

But the only one I couldn't get to shoot was a brand new .223, hand-loading didn't fix it, so away it went.

Shame as the rifle was just mechanically perfect, down to the double set trigger, but that was a .223!

Anyway good luck with yours, the hornet looks a reloaders dream, I've never had one but they have an

enviable reputation.

AF

Yes, some suffer from bad in letting and not enough contact with the barrel or plenty of clearance for the barrel.

My first one had a bent forend so I made a jig and steamed it over boiling water for a few hours. Eventually it gave and when it cooled set straight.

Another one is stock screws just touching the bolt although I never came across one that the bolt handle touched the stock.

Yes, it's a CZ457. Grouping quite well too at 50M. This is a 4 shot group

sketch-1464991676690_zpsbt5rimng.png

What load did you settle on Elliot with the 35gr max?

Haven't trialed any more since this development, Ian. Will be loading some more and taking it out to 100 yards tomorrow; in-between the rain showers!