Getting Used To The Tx

It's amazing how much I had forgotten about holding a springer correctly as I proved to myself last night with some really Shitty groups after putting 200 or so pellets through the tx.

So, when the frustration had subsided I went right back to basics and read about the four points of contact with the rifle, had a brew, and started from scratch zeroing at 27 yards and withing a couple of shots the difference was astounding!

With the zero set, I then set up the target at my max range of 34 yards and set about trying a nice tight group with the AA fields and you will have to trust me on this one but this was the first 10 shots I fired and I can't wipe the stupid smile from my face as I'd forgotten how satisfying it is grouping like this with a springer.

Thank you for reading lads.

post-94518-0-81842900-1463044912.jpg

• Like 2

KINELLLL Matt, that is some group my friend, I'm not posting any groups for months after seeing that. Seriously impressed matey.............................envy does not come into it of course :bad:

Phil

• Like 2

10 shots through the size of a 22 pellet... You've over took me then :) And pretty much everyone on here. 3-4 fine, but 10.

How much holdover are you giving?

At 34 yards it's a gnats whisker over 1 mildot.

It's not quite the size of a pellet. 2 shots split under the main hole and didn't punch a hole so it's a ragged hole if you zoom in close pal.

KINELLLL Matt, that is some group my friend, I'm not posting any groups for months after seeing that. Seriously impressed matey.............................envy does not come into it of course :bad:

Phil

Its more the rifle and a completely slack hold that helps.

I had springers from being 12 years old and didn't own a pcp until I was 30 so i got used to them, then forgot a lot of technique hence why I was fuming at last night's rubish groups pal.

Its amazing what you can acheave with a springer :thumbs:

AND THE TIP OF A PEN :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

only saying like

nice grouping Matt

now put them in a 177 size hole ,,,,,on top of each other :D

but then again i cant shoot a spring rifle for sh*t :whistling:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

only saying like

nice grouping Matt

Cheers Jimmy.

I've been mucking about with it all afternoon. Good tight groups from a rest but when lying down or shooting with arm wrapped around knee and rifle resting on left arm the groups open up quite a bit, I'm guessing because I'm holding it differently....more practice needed....either that or go out hunting with half a dozen cushions to sink the rifle into to keep the hold the same ???

only saying like

nice grouping Matt

Why the whistles smilie? We know :D

• Like 1