Me Too Matt

Well after debating a great deal regarding the HW97, AA Prosport and the AA TX200HC, the decision was made and I picked up my TX .177 with a walnut stock yesterday. I am toying with fitting a 'Stumpy' mod but not sure regarding the insert needed for the barrel as the plastic insert fitted as standard is longer than the after market insert so perhaps some of you have gone down this road and can advise. I don't want the AA mod, just too long.

Here she is :-

DSCF3161_zpsajktikfs.jpg

DSCF3163_zps7zkwgmgd.jpg

DSCF3162_zpsx3z6iugz.jpg

I think she needs a bit of oil on the stock as it is very flat and to be honest darker than others I have seen.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 6

I have been over to the RFD to try a Stumpy mod which did improve the noise level and tried to zero the scope but that was not so easy being a raw novice with a springer, I take my hat off to you gentlemen who can make them sing but nevertheless I have to start somewhere. After firing a few shots to get the feel of the gun I stuck a target up at 25mt using FAP pellets and here are my crap results but I am not too embarrassed, I need to learn the technique and hopefully Mac and Pianoman will put me on the right road later this month. As a matter of interest, the total spread of pellets is 35mm with most falling into 20mm but in all honesty, I don't know how many shots there are in this group.

Bring your stock oil with you Jimmy............. :icon_redface:

DSCF3167_zpsvm2zh5ae.jpg

DSCF3168_zpsd83rxdwt.jpg

I will have the week in Suffolk next week and where we stay apart from clay shooting and fishing, there is a sort of HFT course in the woods which I can put a few hours in and lead up the barrel. I will worry about the pellet tests when I can get half decent groups.

A big thanks to Mac for his help in the background, talking me through springers, cheers matey.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

She is a stunner phil a real buet mate

Right get some old cushions out of the house about three will do use these to rest the rifle on they will not only help on your zero but will absorb some of the recoil

and as its new CLEAN THE BARREL i do with all my new rifles regardless of make

then sit and put as many pellets through her as you can to lead the barrel up

When holding her do not grip her tight let her recoil through your hand or slide holding her tight will result in her flipping (as in barrel flip)

Practice now is all you need it wont be long before you will be putting the groups in a 5p circle

Then pellet on pellet will follow .

Dont get frustrated with her and give up its only a 3 hour drive to yours and ill give you a slap lol

Have fun with her control your breathing and just plink away

PM me your address and ill send you down a few sheets of shoot and see targets

and once you start to hit these time and time again you will have master,d her

there a little bit bigger than a 5p and 1p peace and you can just peal them off and stick them on a bored or a4 paper

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-69818700-1462983586.jpg

post-63400-0-05278400-1462983594.jpg

post-63400-0-55547200-1462983601.jpg

post-63400-0-16022600-1462983612.jpg

• Like 3

Great stuff Jimmy. I know I have a long way to go with this gun and I am happy to have a challenge to be honest so I'm okay with that. On the range today I used a bag of seed to rest the gun on and bit by bit I am loosening the grip much like the PCP, the result was the pellets closest to the centre so I understand where you are coming from. PM on it's way mate and thanks.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1

Have you put that T Rex on sticks yet Phil ?

When you put her on Primos sticks hold the sticks just under the yokel, don't put any part of that forward hand on the rifle itself, - build your shot correctly and watch the accuracy of that T Rex " go through the roof" ! - Stunningly accurate springer.

Do as the previous lads have suggested but put her on Primos Sticks.

The weight of the rifle on top of the rock steady platform virtually eliminates recoil and promotes a " rock steady aim"

atb.

p.s. beautiful rifle mate.

• Like 1

Nice rifle Phil.

As already said, these springers take a fair bit of practice. I think a light hold and finding your own way that works is key.

That is a very nice looking stock. I recently oiled my walnut stock and darkened it a little - it's about the same shade as yours now.

There's others on here with a hell of a lot more stock finnishing experience than me but, I reckon yours should have a neutral coloured oil - Just enough to show that grain and those stripes.

Also, personally, for a pure shooting experience and genuine satisfaction, I believe that you have just purchased the best air rifle that there is.

Good choice sir :)

Edited by Jonjon79
  • Like 2