Carp Re-Captures

Caught a mirror carp Sunday, caught it 7 days before aswell. Same method same rig even the same hook!

First time ive knowingly caught the same fish twice. 2 evening sessions total time 6 hours 7 captures (6 different fish).

Used to fish a few places years ago and they had known 'mug' fish but I never even caught one of them!

Anyone else similar 'tails'.

I caught one last year I had again this year but 10lb heavier.

What was the initial weight?

Fish im talking about gained a lb in a week! 15.4lb first time out. Either that or I should invest in some higher quality scales/sling.

Fish im talking about gained a lb in a week! 15.4lb first time out. Either that or I should invest in some higher quality scales/sling.

47lb

I've always felt sorry for those semi-tame carp that get oiked out by their faces whenever they eat something tasty.

Joking or anti fishing?

Neither. I know fish don't think like that, but the number of times some of these fish get caught it must be about every time they eat.

Not talking about yours. Twice is nothing compared to some of the ones you read about. :thumbs:

I've always felt sorry for those semi-tame carp that get oiked out by their faces whenever they eat something tasty.

Joking or anti fishing?

Neither. I know fish don't think like that, but the number of times some of these fish get caught it must be about every time they eat.

Not talking about yours. Twice is nothing compared to some of the ones you read about. :thumbs:

Ahhh ok I see what you mean (I think :blink::clapper:).

Yeah fishing for named fish I dont think would excite me, not criticizing them that do, their passion is just different to mine. Wonder if the fight goes out of the fish a bit as it knows that its going to get re-released like the dozen times before?

Although saying that.. the fish that made me start the topic I named before I even caught him. Seen him feeding a few times, 'Mick - lips like Jagger', now known as 'Mick the mug'! LOL

As it stands he is the lake record since ive owned the place. Nothing to shout about, just interested in the weight gains and numbers of fish in there.

Edit to add: Ive only scratched the surface of it re: fish caught, spotted a bigger common.

Edited by Columbo
  • Like 1

Carp will easily put a lb on in a week this time of year, either by eating or carrying spawn

I'm pretty sure I had the same pike in a couple of casts, caught it in the canal under a motorway bridge released it and it calmly swam under the ledge underfoot, couldn't of had a couple more casts and it shot out from under foot and hit the same spinner side on the daft fecker

Atb

Mick

Edited to add I know its not a carp lol

Edited by MickyB
  • Like 2

done a 4 night stint with a mate first night i had a 28ib common with a distintive wound on its tail,mate caught the same fish 2 nights after me in the next swim.

local lake to me got lot named fish which are all caught regularly throughout the year,guess thats why tactics are for ever changing to fool the wariest of fish,maybe lol

I've been Piking with a mate and each had the same fish within 20 minutes of each other. Also recently I had a brown trout and a fella at the same fishery had one later that day, the fishery put both pictures on Facebook and they where the same fish