Are Your Shooting Skills Not Up To Scratch?

BASC is running a series of events to help people improve their shooting. The day will cover all the theoretical aspects of poor shooting, followed by mainly hands on activities. Looking at Shooting Skill, subtending, range judging, field craft, patterning and Shotgun Coaching. The BASC Shotgun Coaches will be on hand to cover stance, gunfit, eye dominance and provide coaching to all clients.

We currently have vacancies on 3 of the days
15th July in Nottinghamshire
6th September in West Kent
13th October in Gloucestershire

Booking details can be found here http://basc.org.uk/sporting-services...ing-with-basc/

Many thanks, Peter

BASC is running a series of events to help people improve their shooting. The day will cover all the theoretical aspects of poor shooting, followed by mainly hands on activities. Looking at Shooting Skill, subtending, range judging, field craft, patterning and Shotgun Coaching. The BASC Shotgun Coaches will be on hand to cover stance, gunfit, eye dominance and provide coaching to all clients.

Booking details can be found here http://basc.org.uk/sporting-services...ing-with-basc/

Many thanks, Peter

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wont be long before this is made compulsory, to get your Cert. Join SACS.

Many thanks, Peter

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wont be long before this is made compulsory, to get your Cert. Join SACS.

I cant think of anything we deliver that has been made mandatory. The reason we run these courses are to improve standards, and we find that people leave the sport if they are not very good at it.

No other reason

£85 (members rate) for a full days coaching from qualified Coaches and experts in their field - is pretty darn good value. Obviously we don't try to run the courses at a loss where we can help it.

Peter

• Like 1

20 x £120 another nice litter earner

Pre DSC1 £125

DSC1 £290

Intermediate DEER Course, What the feck is this ??? £260

It is MANDATORY, for a BASC MEMBER to have a DSC1 to shoot land leased by BASC, if you don't have DSC1 you cant shoot the land that is leased and paid for with NON DSC1 members money.

It Was a Great Club when called W.A.G.B.I Shooters for Shooters, But I am afraid BASC is just another Money Making Outfit. I was Taught everything by my Father regarding Shooting, Hunting and Fishing, without all this RED TAPE, I feel Sad for all the Young People coming into this Sport having being Taught by their Fathers and Grandfathers the right way to Shoot, to then go and have to get all these Money Making courses that you Dream up, so they can carry on their Hobbies and to keep you in your Over Paid Jobs with your company Range Rovers, and where half of you could NOT Hit a Barn DOOR as any Instructors. Join SACS LADS. Rant over.

• Like 1

The Forestry Commission often have competency testing for controlling deer on their land. Its not mandatory, as you don't have to shoot on forestry land if you don't want to.

If your not lucky enough to have a father or a grandfather, or a friend who can show you the ropes, then we can provide good value training for these people.

I don't have a land rover, I have a Skoda and I wish I was overpaid.

Like you I was taught by my father - I was lucky, I guess.

Basc ...over priced ,up their arses and no terrier work covered by insurance .Too big for any one member to matter and funded by those who don't know better .

I just wish that all who shoot are a member of one of the representative shooting organisations. BASC currently has over 143,000 members, making us a strong voice in politics and the media. The more members we have the more voice shooting sports has.

BASC's insurance also covers you for terrier work; it always has

No it doesn't .Read your small print .The fact you have a huge membership is also detrimental to the individual .Been there and won't get had again .What's next in mostly courses .

Yes it does

I have re-read the policy again, I have clarified with David Ilsley, I have spoken to the insurers - Your are covered

• 2 weeks later...

20 x £120 another nice litter earner

Pre DSC1 £125

DSC1 £290

Intermediate DEER Course, What the feck is this ??? £260

It is MANDATORY, for a BASC MEMBER to have a DSC1 to shoot land leased by BASC, if you don't have DSC1 you cant shoot the land that is leased and paid for with NON DSC1 members money.

It Was a Great Club when called W.A.G.B.I Shooters for Shooters, But I am afraid BASC is just another Money Making Outfit. I was Taught everything by my Father regarding Shooting, Hunting and Fishing, without all this RED TAPE, I feel Sad for all the Young People coming into this Sport having being Taught by their Fathers and Grandfathers the right way to Shoot, to then go and have to get all these Money Making courses that you Dream up, so they can carry on their Hobbies and to keep you in your Over Paid Jobs with your company Range Rovers, and where half of you could NOT Hit a Barn DOOR as any Instructors. Join SACS LADS. Rant over.

Seems I was right then, if you look into the way BASC is being Run now, after the sackings at Marford Mill.