Hi anyone got any experience in keeping sheep on a large scale, I'm thinking of expanding my flock. I've been offered some more grazing and wanted to know what I should be paying?? Any info would be great?

Cheers

How many acres is the land you have been offered? Is it well fenced an water supply with it? Is it rough ground or decent grass grazing? All these things will play a part in the price you pay. A rough guide you will be looking to pay around 50p a day per sheep (will be diffrent everywere).

How many acres is the land you have been offered? Is it well fenced an water supply with it? Is it rough ground or decent grass grazing? All these things will play a part in the price you pay. A rough guide you will be looking to pay around 50p a day per sheep (will be diffrent everywere).

50p a day per sheep?

You want to expand your flock into Gloucestershire BlackDog? For that price, I will even provide all the shepherding for you as well, although you must pay for drugs etc.

My mates been up there to have a look, said its good grazing. The farmer wants 40p a week per sheep, there's 25 acres

My mates been up there to have a look, said its good grazing. The farmer wants 40p a week per sheep, there's 25 acres

50p a day per sheep?

50p cheap then??

You want to expand your flock into Gloucestershire BlackDog? For that price, I will even provide all the shepherding for you as well, although you must pay for drugs etc.

I would say Kent must be an expensive area if that's what he is looking for mate.

50p a day per sheep?

Haha i dont think so im just guesstimating that kent land is a lot more expensive than the land i have lol and thats what my grandad got from some hobbie farmers a few years ago.

50p a day per sheep?

50p cheap then??

50p a day is £3.50 a week. That's f***ing extortion!

For sheep I'd pay no more than £60/acre per annum, or 75p per head per week.

50p a day per sheep?

50p cheap then??

That's a bit nearer the figures we are getting around here

50p a day per sheep?

50p cheap then??

That's a bit nearer the figures we are getting around here

Doing it commercially, you need to pay no more than £60/acre for permanent pasture/parkland. I charge my clients 75p o head per week for winter tack grazing, but this includes me doing all the electric fencing and shepherding (they provide any drugs required).

There was a farmering programme on her and it showed the sheep being moved to lowland farms for the winter and it quoted 50 pence a sheep a week

• 3 weeks later...