About Time

Well what a difference with the warmer weather has made this week here in the south of England and the weather forecast looking good for the weekend .

So decided to go up to one of the free range egg farms on Saturday ,arrived at 4 pm had a quick look over the fence and loads of rabbits everywhere.

Back to the van , got kitted up ,filled mags with pellets ,filled HW100k with air and off i went over the fence . Spotted the first one at 53 yards , one milldot hold over ,pulled the trigger, down it went with out a kick , with that another came out at the same distance ,sent AA Express 7.9 down range hit spot on but this time it jumped up 900 mm ( 3 ft for you old timers like Mac , Mark and David Evens ) and over the fence , lucky this fence is not eletric one like the rest.

By this time it started to get dark ,so went back to the van to get BSA ultra NV gun out ,then started to piss it down, so called it a day and what a good day I had .

Shot all the others between 38 - 60 yards the 2 crows at 40 yards and all together shot 19 rabbits but couldn't retrieve the other because of the two high electric fences to keep the foxes out of the chicken runs .

When shooting yesterday I thought what price do i put on this set up i have here Gun £750 , Airmax Scope £230 , cylinder £150 and custom stock £180 = £1310 but to me it's worth one hell of a lot more than that , with the way it handles , shoots and how accurate it is !!

P1020544_zpshjvemy0g.jpg

• Like 5

When shooting yesterday I thought what price do i put on this set up i have here Gun £750 , Airmax Scope £230 , cylinder £150 and custom stock £180 = £1310 but to me it's worth one hell of a lot more than that , with the way it handles , shoots and how accurate it is !!

Is that not all one can ask for? all when it come to shooting and the equipment used is personal, contentment has no price tag.

From a Fifty Nine year old, old timer who only ever uses British Imperial, £sd, Miles, Yards, Feet and Inches, Acre, Pint and all the rest.

• Like 1

Yeah, watch your newly fixed under carriage on those electric fences ! -

"Twat"

p.s. that photo looks very familiar and so does the gun and rabbits :hmm:

That`s not one of all those hundreds of photo`s you`ve borrowed from me is it Mitch ?

If it`s not, - then my compliments to you " young `un" or " boyyyy" :laugh:

atb

nice shooting mate :good:

• Like 1

Nice going, a great bag. The warm weather has definitely brought them out down here.

Was going to go again myself today but family came first so entered your county of Dorset and went to Seatown for the day. Snorkelled around and got a spider crab and a plaice that was caught up on some lost tackle. Bit cold and needed the hood.

Keep up the good shooting.

• Like 2

They look like they've just thawed out to me...

Your like ftm, dont post many images, but when you do. shows you might know what your doing... :)

Surprised your not shooting out to 80 yards yet v'man. What happened to the old "standard" distances.

• Like 2

They look like they've just thawed out to me...

Your like ftm, dont post many images, but when you do. shows you might know what your doing... :)

Surprised your not shooting out to 80 yards yet v'man. What happened to the old "standard" distances.

I try to keep it down to about 45 yards if i can but sometimes you have got to push the boundaries plus i practice shooting at 60+yards week in week out and completely know my setup

yes the scope is

• Like 1

You did better than me Mitch , i got to the perm just to find that some kids were playing on a quad bike with no baffles

so the rabbits were skittish and you could not get near them half ten before they fecked off with it

then mr fox came out to play

but i did get 1 rabbit (2 big crows which was the reason i was there so job done) 1 magpie

lost the rabbit in some big nettles and the two crows fell over a 8ft fence lol

thats life throw

Nice shooting by the way Mitch all ways nice when you get big numbers :toast:;)

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ps i took the hw100 22 next time im taking the hw100 hunter carbine 177 :yes:

• Like 1

You did better than me Mitch , i got to the perm just to find that some kids were playing on a quad bike with no baffles

so the rabbits were skittish and you could not get near them half ten before they fecked off with it

but i did get 1 rabbit (2 big crows which was the reason i was there so job done) 1 magpie

thats life throw

This permission is just full of rabbits , over the last 4 visits shot about 50-60 rabbits and looking through the NV the other night , it was like a city at night with all the lights on and that is how many rabbits there were

• Like 3

thats life throw

This permission is just full of rabbits , over the last 4 visits shot about 50-60 rabbits and looking through the NV the other night , it was like a city at night with all the lights on and that is how many rabbits there were

:D :D :D

post-102688-0-68956700-1462811443.jpg

Edited by Jonjon79