More Of A Post Mortem.

Well as my garden range is limited to 34 yards I headed off to my closest farm perm for some distance zeroeing with the 100 and the bis mags.

Between myself and chairgun I had got it pretty much perfect out to 50 yards and with a check of the mildots on chairgun the information was bang on the money.

As I was already there I decided to have a quick wander to one of the Warrens but nothing within my usual range until one large doe appeared at what I lazed at 86 yards so I sat patiently and she kept feeding and coming slowly in toward me then stopped for about 5 min in the same spot, now at 68 yards. I managed to stalk into a better position but still I was at 59 yards out and couldn't get any closer without spooking her so referred to chairgun, gave the holdover and half a mildot for the right to left breeze and squeezed the shot away.

CRACK! a little backflip and lights out.

now I don't usually relish long range shots as it's about the field craft for me rather than the distance but this just shows what a quality combo and the correct data can achieve.

when I got to the rabbit I couldn't find any immediate holes and no blood in the ears so a quick examination at home by skinning the head showed only an entrance hole but major trauma in the skull from 10.5grn bis mags with 6.4 ftlb energy left at 59 yards.

Safe to say I'm more than pleased with this combo. Thanks for reading what turned out to be a bloody essay lads!!

post-94518-0-48932300-1462717334_thumb.jpg

post-94518-0-74108800-1462717348_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Wish one of my rigs liked Mags. Not just for the weight, more the price.

Mine hated them at first Rez.

I took Marks advice on choosing the pellet that performs well then completely cleaned the barrel with Napier and patches then a light spray on the pellet loading side of the magazine every so often and started lead in. After 200 or so it was a good group then just started to get better. Now it's a full mag under a 5p at 45 yards, most though the same hole. (Off a bipod of course)???

• Like 3

Nice shooting Matt! :)

I'm the same as you - I don't relish those long shots. I also like having to use a bit of field craft to get a good shot.

But, I do believe that the maths works - as you saw :)

There's some good clips on Vermin Hunters tv of calibration and long range work using Chairgun.

Nice write up mate and, cracking result :)

• Like 1

Good shot. Interesting shape to that pellet.

Did it go through the skull both sides?

U.

No exit hole pal.

Pellet went in just behind the ear and lodged in the front of the skull inside pal.