Anabolic Steroids.

when i use to go weight training years ago, there were quite a few gyms in the area, the one i used was more of a out of town gym were a few used steroids, but in the town gyms it was full of steroid users, they had more mirrors than equipment..... :laugh:

i always remember them strutting there stuff up and down the gym like a trussed up turkey.... :D

there was this one guy i knew of, before he started taking steroids he was an average size guy, a popular guy around town, as time went by, the next time i saw him he was working as a doorman, i couldn't believe it, he must of been 18+ stone,

well..as time went on i bumped into him in the pet shop, i had to do a double take...there stood this guy in a pair of shorts and a vest, walking with a cane, teeth fallen out, his back was all blotchy and big spots, hair loss, looking a good 10 years older than he was, but we were young then, early 20's, and i remember thinking...was it worth it,

now...i don't know if all the signs i saw on him were the total effects of taking the steroids,but i bet taking the stuff probably didn't help, and i wouldn't take any to find out either........i wonder were he is now :hmm:

Sounds like he turned into a prick and got a kicking. Would explain the missing teeth and walking stick. Lol

yeah...that could well be the answer, i remember seeing him once or twice at the time he was working the doors, walking a couple of pit bulls, of course it went with his beef cake image...i think that was his problem, he was a popular guy around town, fast cars, a good looking bit of fluff on his arm, and then the big muscles, i think, it was all about the image with him...so maybe your right :thumbs:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In my experience the majority of people who take gear for a reason ( sport/competition etc ) are extremely knowledgable about what they are putting into their bodies.   Whereas the people who take g

Having read a few of the replies here and never having had any knowledge of steroids or even had any interest in weight training it would seem to me that the logical conclusion is that they are no dif

Take them if you want hardened arteries and strokes in your late 40s and dead by mid 50s. You may look good in the short term but the long term damage is deadly

I reckon 99% of users are in it for the looks. It's unreal how little knowledge these people have on the stuff they are putting in their bodies. The folk who sell it just tell you what you want to hear.

The other day a friend of mine in his 40's went for some Anavar at a gym, the owner told him they aren't toxic at all and require no PCT which is complete bullshit. This guy has been running gyms for years, of course my friend who isn't the cleverest of men held onto every word he said.

Edited by DogFox123

Any experience of using then.whats the pros and cons that you've found

Most of the lads I've seen in my life have been huge.

But almost all of them are in the grave very early or.after coming off them have shrunk considerably.

Are they worth taking or not.

Take them properly and they are great. They are not a magical potion you still need to train hard if not harder than before.

But only a small percentage do take them properly. Before you even start to think about taking them you should of been going to a gym and training religiously eating right etc. Get the best gains naturally you can get then start.

Don't take them if you drink or take drugs what's the point. Steroids are for the advanced lifters not someone just starting out wainting to get massive quick

• Like 2

testosterone nearly as good , great for muscle growth makes your penis big and gives you the edge in the gym .

roids are very common in some gyms and its easy too detect whos on them , ive been hitting gym nearly three years now and I see people come and go , see young lads pump up quick but too loose it even quicker on the gear , some bad side effects , body and mind.

maskes me laugh how they think lifting heavy going too make them bigger , technique and intensity is the key .

some small lads can press way above me there arms like sticks but they seem too think its going too work . muscle growth I think is better too exert the muscles by doing three sets upping the weight each set and 8-15 reps , some do three sets 5-10 with heavy weights which I think waste of time

different things for different people , its up too individual if they want too cheat , they look u down in the gym , but I look them down later in life ,.. I would steer well clear from them , its bad news

Some interesting different views on them.

I asked the question as I was talking to a mate.and thought I would ask you lads.

But they ain't for me.ive never taken them and never will.

But won't knock anyone who does.

testosterone nearly as good , great for muscle growth makes your penis big and gives you the edge in the gym .

roids are very common in some gyms and its easy too detect whos on them , ive been hitting gym nearly three years now and I see people come and go , see young lads pump up quick but too loose it even quicker on the gear , some bad side effects , body and mind.

maskes me laugh how they think lifting heavy going too make them bigger , technique and intensity is the key .

some small lads can press way above me there arms like sticks but they seem too think its going too work . muscle growth I think is better too exert the muscles by doing three sets upping the weight each set and 8-15 reps , some do three sets 5-10 with heavy weights which I think waste of time

different things for different people , its up too individual if they want too cheat , they look u down in the gym , but I look them down later in life ,.. I would steer well clear from them , its bad news

They are bad news if not taken correctly. Test should always be taken with them as a lot of them wipe your test levels out so taking test with them floods the body with test. Once a cycle is completed a post cycle should begin to stabilize your hormones.

It is a science taking correctly. I wouldn't touch them though I don't train hard enough or eat right also like my ale

They are bad news if not taken correctly. Test should always be taken with them as a lot of them wipe your test levels out so taking test with them floods the body with test. Once a cycle is completed a post cycle should begin to stabilize your hormones.

It is a science taking correctly. I wouldn't touch them though I don't train hard enough or eat right also like my ale

It's very tempting though as the results are dramatic to say the least.

I've read that if you train natural it's best to go low volume using heavy weight whereas when you're on steroids it's best to go for higher volume workouts.

i used to have a 1/2 share in a gym and the lads who were on the gear are all fcked up now heart problems some have pacemakers and pacesetters there all withered away and look like old brown paper bags and all the health issues they have it was never worth it , JMHO ive always been a big strong lad but that was from hard work not playing in the gym

• Like 2

when i use to go weight training years ago, there were quite a few gyms in the area, the one i used was more of a out of town gym were a few used steroids, but in the town gyms it was full of steroid users, they had more mirrors than equipment..... :laugh:

i always remember them strutting there stuff up and down the gym like a trussed up turkey.... :D

there was this one guy i knew of, before he started taking steroids he was an average size guy, a popular guy around town, as time went by, the next time i saw him he was working as a doorman, i couldn't believe it, he must of been 18+ stone,

well..as time went on i bumped into him in the pet shop, i had to do a double take...there stood this guy in a pair of shorts and a vest, walking with a cane, teeth fallen out, his back was all blotchy and big spots, hair loss, looking a good 10 years older than he was, but we were young then, early 20's, and i remember thinking...was it worth it,

now...i don't know if all the signs i saw on him were the total effects of taking the steroids,but i bet taking the stuff probably didn't help, and i wouldn't take any to find out either........i wonder were he is now :hmm:

And the moral of the story is..............................the majority of doormen are 2 bob wannabe,s who shouldnt be going anywhere near gyms.

• Like 1

Any experience of using then.whats the pros and cons that you've found

Most of the lads I've seen in my life have been huge.

But almost all of them are in the grave very early or.after coming off them have shrunk considerably.

Are they worth taking or not.[/quote

I have took a few courses mate, imo they aren't as bad as everybody makes out,if ur a natural grumpy f**ker it will bring it out! Same as if ur abut aggressive, it will bring it out, just be careful with doses etc, especially deca, if u take say deca and test and u don't take the right amounts u get a thing called deca d**k lol basicly u have a wee wet noodle and can't get it up, do abit of research mate with boys in ur gym, but seriously find somebody with decent gear, like the dog world, a lot of shite about!

• Like 2

i used to have a 1/2 share in a gym and the lads who were on the gear are all fcked up now heart problems some have pacemakers and pacesetters there all withered away and look like old brown paper bags and all the health issues they have it was never worth it , JMHO ive always been a big strong lad but that was from hard work not playing in the gym

hard work ????? symmonds reckons you couldn't bend over too pick up a shovel lol

In my experience the majority of people who take gear for a reason ( sport/competition etc ) are extremely knowledgable about what they are putting into their bodies.

Whereas the people who take gear for no reason ( doormen/disco muscles etc ) dont know very much at all and generally just put whatever into their body they are told to.

Much like dogs and dog shows.....people who actually work/compete with dogs tend to have a far greater knowledge of fitness than people who prance about at dog shows.

Its the difference between do,ers and dreamers.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5

In my experience the majority of people who take gear for a reason ( sport/competition etc ) are extremely knowledgable about what they are putting into their bodies.

Whereas the people who take gear for no reason ( doormen/disco muscles etc ) dont know very much at all and generally just put whatever into their body they are told to.

Much like dogs and dog shows.....people who actually work/compete with dogs tend to have a far greater knowledge of fitness than people who prance about at dog shows.

Its the difference between do,ers and dreamers.

Disco muscles ??? muscles for show and muscles for go.

• Like 1