Medicinal Cannabis.

After what tatblisters said ,,,,,Slightly off topic,,but related ,,,drug tests at work,,,,I was watching myth busters yesterday on the telly,,, they ate some poppy seed bagels,,,then tested positive for opiates,,,wich was a suprise ,,

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There lies the problem- folk put sniff up there noses and look down on someone that smokes pot-every coke head I know is a snivelling little rat-owe out more than they earn every week and mammy and da

Alcohol is the biggest drug misused in most countries . I say ban alcohol and legalise cannabis .At least the o my thing getting damaged is your fridge like lol

what do you do gor a living shh smoke weed heavy up till I was 50 years of age and worked hard all my live always peice work and most I know that smoke it are grafters

After what tatblisters said ,,,,,Slightly off topic,,but related ,,,drug tests at work,,,,I was watching myth busters yesterday on the telly,,, they ate some poppy seed bagels,,,then tested positive for opiates,,,wich was a suprise ,,

Papaver somniferum seeds do contain a trace level of opiates mate,very surprised they triggered a drug test though,we live and learn,every days a schoolday.

I had a drug test at work and told them I had taken coadamol if I had failed to tell them they would have failed my drug test then after being suspended would have got the sack.

i watched that an was very surprised at the time scale also! Less than half an hour

Papaver somniferum seeds do contain a trace level of opiates mate,very surprised they triggered a drug test though,we live and learn,every days a schoolday.

:yes: And the same poppies grow in gardens all over. We used to make tea out of them in my more wild days, seriously powerful stuff!

Interesting,today the government announced a blanket ban for all legal highs starting next month including synthetic cannabis (which was brought in to circumvent the total ban on conventional cannabis),a lot of these legal highs are untested compounds cooked up in backstreet chinese labs,23 people died from untested legal highs in 2013 and the government are making a big flap of publicly banning them,but alcohol and tobacco are legal highs,food for thought.

I had a drug test at work and told them I had taken coadamol if I had failed to tell them they would have failed my drug test then after being suspended would have got the sack.

My brother had an accident at work a good few years ago, knowing they would drug test him, he went to his locker and took cocodomal, failing the test on purpose and being suspended on pay for a fortnight while they tested his urine, he fessed that he took cocodomal before taking the test. Bit of an idiot if you ask me, but 2 weeks extra payed holiday sounds good about now.

• Like 1

A lad at work failed on opiates last year. Tests were sent off and it was from poppy seeds in that seeded bread. He only had 2 slices of the bread.

Interesting,today the government announced a blanket ban for all legal highs starting next month including synthetic cannabis (which was brought in to circumvent the total ban on conventional cannabis),a lot of these legal highs are untested compounds cooked up in backstreet chinese labs,23 people died from untested legal highs in 2013 and the government are making a big flap of publicly banning them,but alcohol and tobacco are legal highs,food for thought.

The "Psychoactive substance act" is said to be too hard to enforce, the main problem being that it is hard to prove that certain substances are psychoactive.

Caffeine, nicotine and alcohol are not included....funny that!

It's one of those laws that have been quickly brought into action, a bit like the dangerous dogs act. There will be loads of mistakes made before they get it right.

There is/was a pain remedy available called Kratom (which is just a leaf from a tree) it was banned in Thailand because it conflicted with the opium trade but because the tree was native, the ban was unsuccessful.

It was/is used for a whole host of things including depression, anxiety and pain relief. I've used it for ligament and joint pain. I must say it worked wonders for me and now it will soon be illegal because of this blanket ban.

Oh well I will now just go back to the doctors to get a prescription for some Co-codymol or something similar. At least it keeps the big drug companies nice,rich and powerful. They'll have it sewn up with the patent on the cannabinoids.

• Like 2

Yup Mr Green sir,your right about kratom or thang in thailand,yup the legal high blanket ban covers all legal highs save poppers or amyl nitrate much beloved man on man drug of choice for the high-court judge or homosexual politician,funny that innit?100,000 people a year die in the UK from ciggies,for every death there are 15 with health implications,23 people in a year died from legal highs,hmmnnn,puts it into perspective.

• 3 weeks later...

as I see it its sort of ok with the older folk but when the kids use it they cant absorb nothing there brains are frazzled at 16 17 18, they don't learn shit , todays strains are too strong on the young mind , they don't learn nothing at an age where they should be , its all well and good for those that have smoked for eons but for young uns it aint a good thing ,you got tbh altho it was good when we was kids but it aint brain numbing like the shit that's about today​

Edited by green lurchers

If it's legal it slightly easier too control but definitely easier for people with s problem too seek help with it without facing the shame of being looked down upon

In all reality the war on drugs is just a war on the people more so in the poor so therefore it's not something they can ever win

Better too legalise the lot and allow people too make an informed choice in what they wish too consume, cod they gunna consume anyway as history has shown

• Like 1

what ever happens legal or not in the hands of the youth it melts there heads into mush , they cant even talk properly , its like havin a puppy they learn when they young , put dope into youth and they turn into retards , don't know what the answer is but for young minds it aint no good as I see it

To many pros if they legalize it, it doesn't take much thought as to how everyone in society would benefit from the legalization of cannabis, its a banned substance and they don't have much control over it as it is, legalize it and let everyone benefit from it.