Hour and half out tonight just on some local land I walk to took my new little lamp clulite plr 500 the lamp surprised me very very good lamp for the money and goes as for if not thurther than my 170 and really like the tight beam I won't be useing my other lamps anymore bitch ran well abit flat as she's 2 weeks in season , I know there's a few young ones lads but Mixi has started to spread on the land so thought I'd get a night in,

Thanks for. Reading

post-93580-0-51668800-1462060056_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

I bought one last weekend. Its spot on for what want. My only complaint is that it doesnt come with a lanyard but you can soon lash one up. Nice bitch by the way lurcher lad

Still lamping tut tut lol

Read the post,mixi everywhere i would be doing the same, would you not.

I wouldn't be doing it Lofti, no keen on killing rabbits at this time of the year. Yes

mixi will kill off some but if the lad kills them as well he'll no can blame anyone else

if there's a shortage of rabbits there come September. How many young would those 20 rabbits

have produced over the summer?

• Like 1

nice one lurcherlad, ,tote your assuming that them 20 in an ideal world there would make it through,many get flattened on roads, birds of prey ect,,as a dog lad im sure youle know better then them speculations never come true. take what you need,when you need,,,else the next feller and hes dog will.some of us cant stop through the warmer parts of the year due to the damage they cause landowners thus keeping us in the loop of having to keep on top of them, after all there pests, those who can resist the odd lift of a bag full to keep the dogs ticking over and put some tucker in freezer then all the best to them i aint 1 of them. rabbits are very hardy and have been for as long as theyve been on our shores, im sure the lad aint goner distroy the population,,myxi might though???

• Like 1

nice one lurcherlad, ,tote your assuming that them 20 in an ideal world there would make it through,many get flattened on roads, birds of prey ect,,as a dog lad im sure youle know better then them speculations never come true. take what you need,when you need,,,else the next feller and hes dog will.some of us cant stop through the warmer parts of the year due to the damage they cause landowners thus keeping us in the loop of having to keep on top of them, after all there pests, those who can resist the odd lift of a bag full to keep the dogs ticking over and put some tucker in freezer then all the best to them i aint 1 of them. rabbits are very hardy and have been for as long as theyve been on our shores, im sure the lad aint goner distroy the population,,myxi might though???

I was just replying to Lofti's comment, I never slated the lad for doing what he did, simply said it wasn't for me.

If the lads ground is crawling with rabbits crack on, it's still not the way I'd be operating. Hit them hard from Sept to late Feb then give them a break to breed and replenish their numbers for next season.

There's one certainty with those 20 rabbits though, we know how many they'll reproduce, lol.

If its not for you Tote thats fair enough, but if there there is mixy on the land i would give the dog a few runns, Especially if i have a young dog like i have now

as the vast majority are going to die anyway. Wouldnt normally go this time of year but with mixi going to wipe them out then yes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For each myxied rabbit that survives the vile disease, they pass on an immunity to there kits, so killing them because myxi might is a bit counter productive and a lame reason, if your land is crawling with bunny,s and your gig is pest control, then just crack on and do what you have to, you don't have to make excuses, as long as your conscience is clear, don't worry about it

They do pass on to some degree gm I wouldnt disagree they inherit some protection,there are differing forms of the disease strains etc.i do kill badly affected rabbits I feel cruel not too.