Whippet X Collie ???

Seen a few go and all yapped good mooching dogs tho ?

Unfortunately mate, that's 1 of the main draw back of the whippet which most people cannot stand, still a good game little dog though in the right environment.

Wouldn't bother me in a mooching dog at all. Not much fun for lamping though.

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bred this hybrid several years ago,....it seems to be (on the surface) the absolute ideal type for the ferreting enthusiast...   However,..the straight cross, twixt a pure whippet and a Border Coll

My new pup 5 months old Going well   ..

I believe that if a person was to obtain or breed a pup from a cross between a border collie and a whippet , and has access to land that holds rabbits, and has basic dog sense and likes dogs, and a fe

Posted Images

Seen a few go and all yapped good mooching dogs tho ?

Unfortunately mate, that's 1 of the main draw back of the whippet which most people cannot stand, still a good game little dog though in the right environment.

For sure this dog had a nose like a spaniel and good brains would stick into anything infront of it but no good for night time use mate

image_zpskglgtvs7.jpg

This little fella is mainly whippet with a touch of grey and collie, very early days but he looks like he could be decent enough for my general mooching and he is a tryer that's for sure. I personally think the touch of both collie and grey make good additions, he is certainly good for me anyway atb

What sort of size is he Matt?

Think he has settled out at 22tts which I am happy with, better more recent pic atb

image_zpsrtsa71cl.jpg

• Like 1

image_zpskglgtvs7.jpg

This little fella is mainly whippet with a touch of grey and collie, very early days but he looks like he could be decent enough for my general mooching and he is a tryer that's for sure. I personally think the touch of both collie and grey make good additions, he is certainly good for me anyway atb

What sort of size is he Matt?

Think he has settled out at 22tts which I am happy with, better more recent pic atb

image_zpsrtsa71cl.jpg

Belter him mate

Never heard a pure whip yap on anything-plenty of beddy whips mind,mate had a collie whip grey dog and he would yap first slip of the night if he had to watch another dog go first lol strange other wise he wouldn't make a noise all night,very handy dog by all accounts little red merle 22/23tts catch a rabbit anywhere day or night,and most other things.atb dc

Sure it would make a handy ferreting dog and daytime ! I have a collie whippet greyhound and she lacks in that top gear but still done ok on rabbits on the lamp ! But I'm sure you could breed a fast type but thats the joys of genetics .

Edited by storm323

terrible pictures. I have one in the kennel. he is 3/4 whippet 1/4 collie......

He has a fantastic nature and is very obedient.....BUT.....

He is useless!!! nothing to do with him I took him on as a rescue as the lad was a low life but he has no ounce of prey drive! pity really

atb

post-93865-0-44088800-1462289270_thumb.jpg

post-93865-0-14343400-1462289350_thumb.jpg

terrible pictures. I have one in the kennel. he is 3/4 whippet 1/4 collie......

He has a fantastic nature and is very obedient.....BUT.....

He is useless!!! nothing to do with him I took him on as a rescue as the lad was a low life but he has no ounce of prey drive! pity really

atb

Shame that fella. He looks a nice little dog.

I believe that if a person was to obtain or breed a pup from a cross between a border collie and a whippet , and has access to land that holds rabbits, and has basic dog sense and likes dogs, and a ferret , then a collie x whippet will make a suitable dog for the bunnies.

• Like 3

I have to say, that of the people on here that bemoan whippets, and whippet crosses, that they must've seen whippets and whippet crosses that were bred from piss poor whippets. Seriously, practically all the whippets I saw, or owned, almost none of them opened up. And the ones that did, pure or crossed, were entered too soon. Give a dog a chance to mature, many many people on here would be surprised.

• Like 1

Have a collie x whippet, first cross. The sire was a Ped Whippet and the mother a BC with apparently a hint of Spaniel in her. A great pup but is a stubborn wee shit when he wants to be. Only 7 months just now.

yu3jzOD.jpg?1

Edited by the hand of god
  • Like 1