Been Playing Silly Sods Again!

I am a mod on a Facebook page about air rifles. Someone posted they had a gun to swap for some half decent glass, well I have a Hawke MAP Pro 3-9x50 AO on the 60S. I offered that and he was sort of interested, but she who must be obeyed stuck an oar in, she wants that scope for when she gets a PCP. News to me, thought she had given up shooting.

Well she suggested buying a new scope for the gun. So we went to see the local RFD who had a grand total of nowt suitable. The person with the gun said he wanted a wide objective, adjustable objective lens and illuminated reticle. OK. So went across to Fenland Rural Sports, some 40 odd miles away and they had a nice Nikko Stirling Gameking, 4-16x50 AO IR mildot reticle scope for sale for £77. Bought that. Told the seller and we agreed the swap was fair.

I packaged and we exchanged parcels via My Hermes, who took from Tuesday will today to deliver!

I got a nice Hatsan 900X, he threw in the scope that was on it, an SMK 3-9x50 and some SMK mounts, not only that he chucked in the gun bg and a tin of HW FT (which are H&N FTT) pellets. The gun is running at a steady 10.7 ft lb! It is in as new condition and I have just lost it to the other half as it is a ,177 and she loves .177 for shooting.

Oh well! I might get it back to play with at some point!

Bad luck :D

I kind of wish my missus would nick my guns - it'd be nice to share the hobby with her but, she's got no interest in it all.

I even offered to buy her whatever rifle she wanted a few months ago.

Well done on the nice deal.

Edited by Jonjon79
  • 2 weeks later...

the 900x is not a bad little fun gun mine was very twangy had very little lube in it.Seems very well built for the money mine is .22 and it's pretty accurate takes me around 15 shots to get a good feel for the trigger then I can do pellet on pellet at 15 yards.