Out Exercising Hounds

scent was very patchy start of the season alot the hunting was start stop but seemed to still get decent results after christmas things got bit better and had some good hunting but had to stop hounds a few times due to going to ground we dont hunt also seemed to cold mark a right few after some wet weather

ive a few hound that are just getting going so hopefully they will improve next season

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

to tell you the truth me and a mate we have 6 couple between us we don't use any guns or lurcher we just let the hounds do what they where bread to do hunt and what ever they run in we dig all the ho

Myself and a mate have 2 couple of beagles and 1 couple of harriers between us. We both hunt mounted with foxhounds as well, but hearing your own in cry is something else.

Posted Images

Yes I found the start very strange as if there was nothing about and that is what we originally put it down to, then weather and we also found no marks to ground. As you say around xmas it improved. It got a bit frustrating saying there was no scent week after week and then January same hounds flying all as one. Sorry to go off your original posting ATB

How many hounds do you kennel mate??

ive 4 and a half couple in kennels at minute plus litter of pups with bit of luck they will work out

do you get good hunting or much results with the hounds ? often thought lads could keep a smaller pack and get it every bit as good

Interesting point harrier! I know of some small type bobbery packs and they do have brilliant days. I have seen our pack split and still get good music. In my opinion if you have some fairly good hounds I would certainly follow ATB

How many hounds do you kennel mate??

ive 4 and a half couple in kennels at minute plus litter of pups with bit of luck they will work out

do you get good hunting or much results with the hounds ? often thought lads could keep a smaller pack and get it every bit as good

to tell you the truth me and a mate we have 6 couple between us we don't use any guns or lurcher we just let the hounds do what they where bread to do hunt and what ever they run in we dig all the hounds play there part we have old dog to go next season and think a second season bitch that just has nt show enough to hold on to her we have some pups and with bit luck they will replace the old dog in small packs you cant afford to hold on to them all

• Like 2

Sounds good! I could just stand watching and listening, seeing them work out the line and hearing that lead hound speak until the others start to sing. That to me is my heaven so it really doesn't matter how many hounds you have the end result is sweet music to my ears anyway

• 1 month later...