Buy one tight git.

Lol maybe I am This is the diy section I have lots of metal pipes lying around so thought of making my own why waste the money when you have the resources it's like asking the stick makers why they don't buy a stick instead of creating thier own

• Like 1

Buy one tight git.

Lol maybe I am This is the diy section I have lots of metal pipes lying around so thought of making my own why waste the money when you have the resources it's like asking the stick makers why they don't buy a stick instead of creating thier own

Metal disc ,drill holes round it in the middle, drill holes in top of pipes sides tie pipe to discs,then in center tie something weighty that will bang the pipes to make the noise.

I might have to start charging for this sort of expertise,lol

Buy one tight git.

Metal disc ,drill holes round it in the middle, drill holes in top of pipes sides tie pipe to discs,then in center tie something weighty that will bang the pipes to make the noise.

I might have to start charging for this sort of expertise,lol

No I wasn't asking how to make them but to see what people have made

• Like 1

neighbour of mine had them drove me fecking crazy at night as i sleep with windows open so i had them away one night on return from a lamping trip,took the second lot they put up an all,they got the message

• Like 1

neighbour of mine had them drove me fecking crazy at night as i sleep with windows open so i had them away one night on return from a lamping trip,took the second lot they put up an all,they got the message

My mate did that with his neighbours cockerel except he only took its head :D
  • Like 1

Got to be back to Gruffalo Griff I reckon

Living in a particularly wind swept part of the country, any bought wind chimes would disintegrate fairly quickly. I have toyed with the idea of making an industrial grade one but think the racket would drive me loopy. This gong is the closest thing i have made to a wind chime. An old dive bottle with the bottom cut off and a bit of galvanized steel water pipe all threaded together on a bit of rope and hung from an old section of scaffold at the side of my shed. Visitors or my good lady give it a rattle on the way to the shed door, makes a good sound. If you had a longer bit of pipe in the middle or something flappy a bit of board or the like on the end of the rope it would make a good wind chime.

P1040518_zpsa0pezu2a.jpg

P1040515_zpsjmqhev5r.jpg

• 1 month later...