Anthony Joshua V Dominic Breazeale

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im not on the dole moron, you think because I had a days fishing im on the dole. When you work for a real company not laying 4mm on tarmac on grannies drives you get paid holiday

I do like the quick turnrpund from last fight cant be doing with these 12 month between each fight merchents, I get the impression joshua would fight everyweek if theyd let him

4 posts in and its already gone T.O.L ffs give your heads a shake lads

theres also a good vid on there of Shane Mcguigan taking David Haye on the pads...he's certainly not lost any of his power on that vegan diet!!...spend a good part of it repeatedly hooking off the left jab...and thats the punch that will finish Joshuas unbeaten run (if the Hearns ever let him near A.J)...in my opinion

Don't you think the money making potential will make the fight happen that will be a big fight in the uk but I noticed Haye is already trying to beat fury to the fight buy saying things like if fury doesn't impress us against wvlad Joshua will favour fighting me what has Haye done to warrant a tilted shot from either fury or aj yet nothing

Genuine question to you boys that actually fight/ box. It is in keeping with the thread (I hope).

When a boxer trains for a fight, I would have thought he would train for the distance of the fight, and peak at the time of the fight? What happens if it is for an example a first round knock out? Where does his training go from there? As he has peaked for that particular fight, how long before he can start the cycle again?

The same question for if the fight goes the distance? I understand that it would vary from fighter to fighter but is there a rule of thumb sort of thing where he has to wind down if you will, before he can start to train to reach a peak again?

TC

Tiercel most fighters like a minimum 10 week camp building up to a fight thats generally recognised as ideal preparation from normal healthy living weight.......when a fighter has a quick ko they will quite often spar 10 rounds a few days later as the peak is gone but their is still surplus energy to burn off.......after a mid - long distance fight most fighters will have a week off before getting back in the gym.......all fighters are different Joshua doesnt go much above his fighting weight month to month whereas a fighter like Fury i would think probably packs weight on between fights..... there is a lot of controversy between whether fighters get a higher peak bringing body weight down quickly or just maintaining and losing water weight a bit similar to conditioning your dog do you work him up to his highest peak or break him down to it all trainers have different opinions but again like your dog the personality and body type of your athlete has to be taken into account as everyone is different.

All being equal Joshua could comfortably have a faster turn around between fights than a guy like Fury but ultimately the same goal is reached.

• Like 1

Saw Breazeal fight Mansour a while back...Mansour well into his 40's and about a foot shorter...put Brezeal on his arse...was well ahead til he pulled out with a cracked jaw?...Joshua should have him out nearly as quick as he did Martin...every new Champ allowed an easy first defense i suppose...but of the names being thrown around would of preferred to seen him in with Steiverne...dont think i will bother watching this

i just see the fight between breazeal vs mansour, breazael didn't seem to look that impressive really, but the older guy manour looked pretty handy at 43 years old, so i watched a few more of his fights, and he looked a really good fighter, shame he isn't a younger guy now, and fight for the belts, he looked interesting,

Genuine question to you boys that actually fight/ box. It is in keeping with the thread (I hope).

When a boxer trains for a fight, I would have thought he would train for the distance of the fight, and peak at the time of the fight? What happens if it is for an example a first round knock out? Where does his training go from there? As he has peaked for that particular fight, how long before he can start the cycle again?

The same question for if the fight goes the distance? I understand that it would vary from fighter to fighter but is there a rule of thumb sort of thing where he has to wind down if you will, before he can start to train to reach a peak again?

TC

Tiercel most fighters like a minimum 10 week camp building up to a fight thats generally recognised as ideal preparation from normal healthy living weight.......when a fighter has a quick ko they will quite often spar 10 rounds a few days later as the peak is gone but their is still surplus energy to burn off.......after a mid - long distance fight most fighters will have a week off before getting back in the gym.......all fighters are different Joshua doesnt go much above his fighting weight month to month whereas a fighter like Fury i would think probably packs weight on between fights..... there is a lot of controversy between whether fighters get a higher peak bringing body weight down quickly or just maintaining and losing water weight a bit similar to conditioning your dog do you work him up to his highest peak or break him down to it all trainers have different opinions but again like your dog the personality and body type of your athlete has to be taken into account as everyone is different.

All being equal Joshua could comfortably have a faster turn around between fights than a guy like Fury but ultimately the same goal is reached.

Thank you, I knew someone who knew what they are talking about would be along at some point. Funnily enough it is recognised in falconry circles that a bird coming down to it's flying weight will be keener than a bird kept at it's flying weight, so that part made sense to me.

TC

Saw Breazeal fight Mansour a while back...Mansour well into his 40's and about a foot shorter...put Brezeal on his arse...was well ahead til he pulled out with a cracked jaw?...Joshua should have him out nearly as quick as he did Martin...every new Champ allowed an easy first defense i suppose...but of the names being thrown around would of preferred to seen him in with Steiverne...dont think i will bother watching this

i just see the fight between breazeal vs mansour, breazael didn't seem to look that impressive really, but the older guy manour looked pretty handy at 43 years old, so i watched a few more of his fights, and he looked a really good fighter, shame he isn't a younger guy now, and fight for the belts, he looked interesting,

Breazeal looks to be on the same level as Martin...think the Hearns will have there work cut out selling this as a Pay per view...and to think Eddie was mouthing off about putting this on at Wembely as a rival to Fury-v-Klitschko

• Like 1

TC

Thank you, I knew someone who knew what they are talking about would be along at some point. Funnily enough it is recognised in falconry circles that a bird coming down to it's flying weight will be keener than a bird kept at it's flying weight, so that part made sense to me.

TC

If you watch his fights hes said in the past he warms down on the pads in the dressing room the remaining rounds after a 2-3 round KO

• Like 1

I think they are doing well getting AJ a few steady defences. I know he's up there know he's got the belt but a few more steady ones won't do him any harm IMO and there are plenty of heavyweights out there willing to have a shot.

Its like we said Gaz whats the more dangerous opponent a young fresh unbeaten untested fighter......or an old washed up decorated champion.......Hatton was the nations little darling when he beat a washed up legend who never fought again when in reality a young untested fighter of the time would probably have been the harder test its all about risk reward i admire the way Joshua is moving along quickly taking risks so early in his career with a " its just a fight " mentality.....its a refreshing change.

• Like 2

Cheers kanny thats the one

I see what you mean ...you wouldent want one of them on yer chin ...I wouldent anyway :thumbs:

deff :thumbs: , those combos were bloody powerful, he looks bigger i thought , Fury or AJ would be in trouble with him , with one of them shots deff :yes:

• Like 1

Cheers kanny thats the one

I see what you mean ...you wouldent want one of them on yer chin ...I wouldent anyway :thumbs:

deff :thumbs: , those combos were bloody powerful, he looks bigger i thought , Fury or AJ would be in trouble with him , with one of them shots deff :yes:

He's defionatly bulked up however I find it hard to say so and so would have trouble with that shot without Seing the fighter take them it's easy to say things like that