:laugh:

So in your opinion what you are saying is to justify the 800 notes it has to have all this paperwork and basically even if the dog is way up to scratch without this you would consider a dog inferior? Is that work wise or economically??

I know about the Germans and their testing of dogs, it's hard going and a tough test. I have a work colleague who is well connected out there and can source me dogs if I want them for again next to nothing (admitedly these were terriers we have been disgussing and he has some pretty

game ones above and below).

I also know a piece of paper means sweet fuuck all to a dog aside from a monetary value.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what your saying Lee . But this is not a working terrier . If you've been given a working terrier of people who have been given the parents grandparents etc . Then you was to sell them then you

This site is getting worse for all the keyboard warriors just coming on moaning about peoples posts and prices on dogs they sell, its getting that everytime you look at someones post in the for sale s

That all well and good and as I said £850 for a pup is ok if that's what you want. I understand your commitment to the breed (if a little obsessive ) ​and the need to get some of your money back. What

what are you talking about . So your saying the German paper work means f**k all . But the test are tough and hard going . That's totally contradicting yourself . When your doing the test your doing it to get the paper work to prove the dogs meeting the standards . If the dog dosent pass the test then it will never get the papers so a German dog with no papers in my eyes is a cur .

I said the papers mean nothing but pounds signs in Blighty

I go back to my first point so without these papers a dog has never been tested? Or could never make the grade? The only thing a paperless dog is guaranteed to not do is NOT bring home the bacon ;)

• Like 1

Regardless im not going to be drawn in.

I disagree with how much you say it costs to bring over a good tackle line that's it ;)

Reminds me of the Labrador chap at skipton game fair :laugh: he asked what my staffy got in the scurries while stood there proudly holding three very fine loking black labs. I told him 9 and he replied I should get myself a lab.... when I enquired to what his prized beasts had achieved he responded with a 7 :laugh: I told him to get a cur staffy lol

Edited by mushroom

That's exactly what I am saying . Because with out the evidence I.e the papers in Germany then you have to go with the said persons word . Which could be bollocks . Could a dog without papers make the grade course it can . But the ones with papers have been tested also for hereditary disease's . Also coat and form . So yeah you could get a teckel for 250 euros with no papers then bring it over here for another 200 . So it sets you back like you said 400 . Or you could buy a tested one that you know the generations behind it have been tried and tested work wise and for hereditary disease's and get the paper work to prove this . For 800 . Then when you sell the pups you can be confident your not passing on pure shite . I know what route I'd go down and have gone down .

the thing is you never hear or read an ad that says wire haired dachshund for sale great tracker above ground and dig all quarry, but if you do they call them teckles, i guess its a case of a rose by any other name is just as sweet.

How come we never hear about tekels that turn out shite they all must be world beaters . Put me down for two a dog and a bitch

I had some, they were shite.

All the best.

• Like 2

i go out with a lad who hunts a few teckels , bassets & crossbreds, hes just retired his main finder pure teckel 8'1/2 yrs his main digging dog is pure teckel all fox , no papers he gets out what he puts into them , i would rate them highly i wouldnt care bout papers ,if i was goin for a pup would have to see parents doing a bit .

I also go out with the same pack (my dads pack ) , these dogs aren't your usual couple of squeaks and Come off scent , they'll go all day and never give up , have yet to see anything find like them or put so much pressure on their game in cover and very easy to keep in the kennel , have to say micks a great man to keep up with them in a van ??

my friend in germany has a teckel used for blood trailing but hes decided he likes it in the dark and drops to ground and to be fair he does ok on the badgers is id have him here as a digging dog papers or not