Awesome dogs, I have worked with them in Germany and I now have my own bitch here, took her off a guy who was overdogged and it has woken my interest again. Cant fault them for spirit and determination.....only thing is, keep them on a lead/harness if you dont want bother! They dont care what is down the hole, they just want to go down and kill it!

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what your saying Lee . But this is not a working terrier . If you've been given a working terrier of people who have been given the parents grandparents etc . Then you was to sell them then you

This site is getting worse for all the keyboard warriors just coming on moaning about peoples posts and prices on dogs they sell, its getting that everytime you look at someones post in the for sale s

That all well and good and as I said £850 for a pup is ok if that's what you want. I understand your commitment to the breed (if a little obsessive ) ​and the need to get some of your money back. What

I know what your saying Lee . But this is not a working terrier . If you've been given a working terrier of people who have been given the parents grandparents etc . Then you was to sell them then your taking the piss in my eyes . But when you've got out and paid good money for something I.e labs pointers teckels cocker's . Then I think your well with in your rights to ask for that money back . I've got my drahthaar from Germany 1300 imported then I've had to get the paper work over here she set me back 1400 . I'm off back to Germany 3 times to do her working test because the Germans do it right not like this country . By the time I've finished my bitch with of cost me nearly 4500 . Then I have to travel back to Germany to use the best stud dog cost me another grand so I'm at 5500 . Then I've got to rear them get paper work etc . Am I a c**t if I charge a grand for them pups . Why should I give them to joe blogs down the street who's sat on his his lazy arse who wants all what I've done put in the palm of his hand for nowt .

That all well and good and as I said £850 for a pup is ok if that's what you want. I understand your commitment to the breed (if a little obsessive :D) ​and the need to get some of your money back. What I don't get is a price is the pass to a dog, I am far more concerned that the dog gets the right home (as I'm sure you will) and if you gift dogs you have far more say in where they go. After all "Joe Blogs" quite often has plenty of cash and may just be looking for a cash cow. That Joe Blogs may also talk the talk and convince you that they are genuine, homes are far better in my opinion if they are known or from recommendation.

I know a few people around my way that breed various gun dogs Labs, Pointers, Vislas etc and they quite frankly couldn't give a fly funk where the pups go by the time they're 12-14 weeks old and don't look so cute any more, just as long as they get there dollar and get rid.

Personally if I was looking for a certain type that wasn't readily available I'd pay £850 no worries. I paid £800 for an imported dog myself a few years ago. It was exactly what the man paid for him, he imported two, picked the heavier one for himself and then had one spare. He travelled to Belgium twice, organised everything, papers vacs etc. He earned not even one penny, not even a drop of diesel money, he did it solely for the love of the breed. I'd never met him before and I came through recommendation. The geezer is a dog handler who works for a friend of mine. I met him at work one evening to look at the pup then he drove over 2 hours to my place a few days later to vet me and my place. He decided I was suitable and let me take the pup. When I paid him, I counted the money and passed it to him. When he went to take it I held on to the cash, he looked at me and I said " see that money, its more than I paid for all five of those dogs" and pointed at my other hounds, he said "I'm sorry" and we laughed.

It should all be about the love of dogs and not dollar. Don't take any notice of the haters, it's just because sometimes they don't understand.

Good luck with your dogs.

• Like 5

is a teckle just a wirehaired dachsund that people work as i cant see a teckle with a kc but i can a wire.

A teckle is a proper wirehaired dachshund then they come here and get watered down to shite . If not kept true to there breed

bushing dog . blood tracking dog . digging dog what would you pay 300 hundered for each dog so there's your 900!

Bit expensive for a dog that has a high probability of being lost to ground like any digging dog, better to have two separate dogs with specific tasks, one for cover and one for earth work. Not nice to pay 900 and lose dog on its 3rd or 4th dig.

is a teckle just a wirehaired dachsund that people work as i cant see a teckle with a kc but i can a wire.

A teckle is a proper wirehaired dachshund then they come here and get watered down to shite . If not kept true to there breed

yes but is it the same dog as the kennel club site lists wires but not teckles so if its as the ad says kc reg then its reg as a wire

Can we have some pics please?

Is there any Dandie Dinmont, Sealyham in the mix or Glens or the like? Or are these too big, may be Teckles have been used to produce those?

How long can they track or work cover/ground for, being as dem as lickle legs.

yes but is it the same dog as the kennel club site lists wires but not teckles so if its as the ad says kc reg then its reg as a wire
Not really because over here there not tested they've got to be tested in Germany to breed from . Once you kc a dog over . Your not allowed to take it back to Germany to work it . Unless it's got the German papers .

yes i understand hpr but it must be the same dog under two guises as a teckle it cant be kc reg and as a wire its not recognised as a worker, if ive got it wrong ignore but it seems its the name that makes it or breaks it because its the same animal.

yes i understand hpr but it must be the same dog under two guises as a teckle it cant be kc reg and as a wire its not recognised as a worker, if ive got it wrong ignore but it seems its the name that makes it or breaks it because its the same animal.

It is the same dog but originates in Germany . The lad who has these will have teckle German papers also kc papers because he has teckle German papers it's recognised as a worker because it has had to do certain test to be able to be bred from and have German papers . The ones over here was brought over years ago and are no longer worked because the kc and people have wrecked the breed . Same as the gwp some people work them over here some don't and there still kc . In Germany this dosent happen you can still buy them over there that haven't been tested but will not have papers . It's stricked over there there coat and form get marked , then they have to do vjp hzp Vgp working test . To be bred from they have to do at least vjp have coat form scored have all there Health test etc . ( this is the gwp) teckels different test . So that's the difference the kc not worth a wank it's the German papers that's the main part .
  • Like 1

ok i see where your coming from, but if i breed two imports from germany and kc the litter in terms of registration they are wires and not teckles and deemed useless for work yet they could come from two top class workers, but if i dont register them with the kc they can be sold as teckles but the add says teckles for sale and they are kc reg so does that not make them wires in this country at least. confused .

There not deemed useless for work because someone's made the effort to bring fresh tested blood into the uk . It's then up to you to kept them tested health tested etc .

• Like 1