Predator Polymag Pellets.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To ve honest Rez, I'm usually such a crap shot that I can't tell the difference between a good pellet and a bad pellet   I had almost given up on anything other than good old round nose diablos but,

Best thing to do with them is to take then to a scrap yard and weigh them in and try and recoup some money   Just saying

Same here Rez. For me it's JSB Heavy .177 in my HW100 and FAP .22 in my TX.   I just can't help experimenting and tinkering.   I'm thinking that the Polymags are working well so far because they'r

Posted Images

Same here Rez. For me it's JSB Heavy .177 in my HW100 and FAP .22 in my TX.

I just can't help experimenting and tinkering.

I'm thinking that the Polymags are working well so far because they're a soft lead hollow tip but, the plastic nose is reducing drag as they fly through the air.

Maybe they work a lot better than H&N Hornets because the brass tips on the hornets are too heavy for sub 12. I don't know, just a thought.

I managed a 40yrd group of 14 shots yesterday morning.......

post-102688-0-36961400-1461751031_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's some serious shooting Jonjon :thumbs: (indoors or out?)

Cheers.

It was indoors, prone, off a bipod. I wanted to be as stable as possible so that I could make sure that they didn't shotgun with a further 10yrds added.

I still want to try them at some longer range targets. To be honest, I'll be very surprised if they don't start opening right up.

Are they the short version or longer. I have just put a few of each through my HW100KT and no feed issues with either. I thought I might have struggled with the long version but no problem at all. They hit the spinners in the garden with a right crack. Your group look good at 40yd and will be interesting to see how well it hold together further out.

Phil

Edited by philpot

Are they the short version or longer. I have just put a few of each through my HW100KT and no feed issues with either. I thought I might have struggled with the long version but no problem at all. They hit the spinners in the garden with a right crack. Your group look good at 40yd and will be interesting to see how well it hold together further out.

Phil

These were the shorts.

It's good to know that the longs fit an HW mag - I reckon they could be more stable at longer rangers if these shorts start to awry.

I've got longs in .22 to try in my TX :)

One thing to check is the fact that the longs only just fit without pushing them right into the mag and as it was just a test to check mag fit, I didn't try turning the mag upside down or shaking it to see if any came out but that I will do.

Edit

I just tried that whilst sitting at the computer, the longs hold in just fine.

Phil

Well, the .22s are a different ball game.......

My TX200hc is zeroed at 30yrds for FAPs (13.43gr), it's shooting them lovely at around 625fps/11.6ftlb.

I tried the Polymags today at 30yrds indoors......

S1. 537fps / 10.25ftlb

S2. 532fps / 10.05ftlb

S3. 534fps / 10.18ftlb

S4. 539fps / 10.31ftlb

S5. 539fps / 10.31ftlb

S6. 537fps / 10.24ftlb

S7. 536fps / 10.20ftlb

S8. 537fps / 10.20ftlb

S9. 539fps / 10.33ftlb

S10. 532fps / 10.06ftlb

I also discovered that they need to go in perfectly straight - I pushed a couple of pellets in slightly wonky during the practice shots - this makes them fly off really wildly.

..... I don't think my FAPs have anything to worry about from these.

post-102688-0-31029500-1462091171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jonjon79

I also did a more shots on another target to get a feel for the pellets before these groups which gave the same results. The longer ones are just within a 26mm spread whilst the shorts are 17mm spread. I have a few left and may well try them on rats at closer range but to be honest I don't think I will spend much time on them.

Phil