Predator Polymag Pellets.

I've been wanting to try these for a while. I've tried a few gimmicky pellets - the plastic Prometheus ones with the metal tips, Gamo Lethal, numerous hollow tips, H&N Green, H&N Hornet....... all shite.

I kept reading good things about these Polymags - There's a good review on another forum at the moment.

The missus ordered me a tin of .177 short and a tin of .22 regular to try. These things are expensive - around £12 for 200. From an initial inspection, they do look well made.

I tried the .177s in my HW100 at 30yrds this morning. My rifle is zeroed at that range for JSB Heavies so, the shots where a little over my point of aim but, not massively so. The grouping was just a tad over 10mm edge to edge.

These pellets hit with a louder whack than JSB Heavies but, that may be because they're traveling faster. The Heavies are 10.34gn, these Polymags are only 8gn.

I also ran 14 shots over my Combro with 150bar in the, cylinder.....

S1. 803fps - 11.48ftlb

S2. 797fps - 11.28ftlb

S3. 788fps - 11.03ftlb

S4. 800fps - 11.37ftlb

S5. 790fps - 11.10ftlb

S6. 792fps - 11.14ftlb

S7. 799fps - 11.33ftlb

S8. 797fps - 11.30ftlb

S9. 799fps - 11.34ftlb

S10. 798fps - 11.29ftlb

S11. 798fps - 11.29ftlb

S12. 788fps - 10.98ftlb

S13. 801fps - 11.41ftlb

S14. 798fps - 11.29ftlb

At the moment, I'm pleasantly surprised with these - they seem very capable. I'm going to try to find some time to try them out at longer ranges to see how they get on.

I'm looking forward to trying the .22s in my TX.

post-102688-0-89558400-1461486327_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To ve honest Rez, I'm usually such a crap shot that I can't tell the difference between a good pellet and a bad pellet   I had almost given up on anything other than good old round nose diablos but,

Best thing to do with them is to take then to a scrap yard and weigh them in and try and recoup some money   Just saying

Same here Rez. For me it's JSB Heavy .177 in my HW100 and FAP .22 in my TX.   I just can't help experimenting and tinkering.   I'm thinking that the Polymags are working well so far because they'r

Posted Images

Nice test pal. I haven't tried these style of pellets myself as I think they will start acting like a flathead or hollow point at range and will suffer a lot of yaw down range.

Give them a try at 40+ yards and see how they perform pal, it will be interesting?

Nice test pal. I haven't tried these style of pellets myself as I think they will start acting like a flathead or hollow point at range and will suffer a lot of yaw down range.

Give them a try at 40+ yards and see how they perform pal, it will be interesting?

Cheers Matt.

I was thinking along the same lines. If I can get to my local range at some point, I want to try these at 40, 50 & 60yrds. I reckon that'll give me a good idea of their quality.

As it stands at the moment, I'd be happy to lay outside a warren at 30yrds with them :)

Edited by Jonjon79
  • Like 1

As much as these look exciting to use in the filed, something just connect with me and them. Nothing to do with your results as they clearly group OK... I suppose its coincidence. Ill have to have a think.

• Like 1

As much as these look exciting to use in the filed, something just connect with me and them. Nothing to do with your results as they clearly group OK... I suppose its coincidence. Ill have to have a think.

To ve honest Rez, I'm usually such a crap shot that I can't tell the difference between a good pellet and a bad pellet :D

I had almost given up on anything other than good old round nose diablos but, these did surprise me.

I do have a glimmer of hope for the .22s.

I want to do more testing with these before I trust them enough to take them for a good walk.

Edited by Jonjon79
  • Like 2

Oh ye of little faith.......

I took these down to one of my permissions after work yesterday. I used my lrf to choose an old lifting rig 40yrds away. The pellets chipped the yellow paint off the rsj so, I could see the impacts well.

The group opened up slightly but, still no more than around half an inch.

Then this unfortunate fellow landed on top of the rig. The pellet went right on the crosshairs and, he fell off without even opening his wings :)

As I said, I think these still need more testing but, so far, so good.

post-102688-0-13178700-1461565395_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Other than my special spelling in the last post... So apologies for that.

I reckon when they do hit they probably mangle the target area like nothing else. It would be nice to see how they fragment on impact.

• Like 1

A friend of mine bought some in .22 for his Ultra. My first thought was, they saw you coming but I had to eat my words as he proceeded to smoke some pigeon and a couple of rabbits, no jumps or twitches..................dead. The range for the rabbits was 37yds and a little closer on the pigeon.

I bought a sample of the standard and shorts just to try for myself but have not had time on the range yet. My thought was to try them on the rats but at £12 a tin hmmmm, we will see.

Phil

• Like 1