LOL I'm just trying to put up a couple pics of a couple of my dogs. We do hunt coon, groundhog and possum here. The dogs above have only been on possum and coon, but I've gone out with others for groundhog. No claims as to these being the greatest workers or me being an expert. I've not been doing this very long, and neither have those dogs...Foxdropper's observations are correct! No big deal...

• Like 4

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pinave, hunt for fun & dont let anyone bash what you do, everyone has there favorite hunts. I have tried everything with my terriers from coyote dens to ratting & can honestly say some of my b

Yup. Actually the russell is a stray a friend of mine found and gave me last week. He's too big for what we hunt in the ground here, but a nice dog. He's fat, so I'm thinning him down, and we'll se

Short dig today. This JRT has really surprised me...he was a stray that my friend found and passed along to me. He was extremely overweight when I got him, so he's been on a serious diet. I figured

LOL I'm just trying to put up a couple pics of a couple of my dogs. We do hunt coon, groundhog and possum here. The dogs above have only been on possum and coon, but I've gone out with others for groundhog. No claims as to these being the greatest workers or me being an expert. I've not been doing this very long, and neither have those dogs...Foxdropper's observations are correct! No big deal...

good to see your honesty. hope you have many good days out with your terriers.

• Like 2

The russell looks eager to please,should have no problems with him doing a bit for you,good luck with them.

And scars mean feck all either :thumbs: ..

You are correct mate but lack of them says more in smooth coated dogs like that .Scars can come from being worked inncorectly in stop ends etc but the lack of them says they havnt yet met a foe face to face in the time honoured manner of their forefathers .Not still a bit pissy about your Plumber set up are you .

• Like 2

You are correct mate but lack of them says more in smooth coated dogs like that .Scars can come from being worked inncorectly in stop ends etc but the lack of them says they havnt yet met a foe face to face in the time honoured manner of their forefathers .Not still a bit pissy about your Plumber set up are you .

Seen enough smooth coated dogs that like it up close that ain't heavily scared up and no mate i'm not pissy about what you ever say about my plummer as "i know different and so do the folk that matter to me" :thumbs: ......

Pinave, hunt for fun & dont let anyone bash what you do, everyone has there favorite hunts. I have tried everything with my terriers from coyote dens to ratting & can honestly say some of my best times out hunting was with the kids blistering a pile of rats. I regularly take armadillos, not because they are tough, it's because they are a nuisance. But the same people will call when the problem is tougher game also. I would rather see a man working his dog to anything than to go commando on the keyboard with his yorkie. Not everyone has the same level of quality game at their disposal, but that doesnt make you less of a hunter. JMO

• Like 6

Seen enough smooth coated dogs that like it up close that ain't heavily scared up and no mate i'm not pissy about what you ever say about my plummer as "i know different and so do the folk that matter to me" :thumbs: ......

I never said heavily scarred mate ,Dont read what aint there .Ive had dogs with that coat all my life and even rat bites show .Any dog that gets up close will get bitten no matter what your opinion is .By up close im talking 6 inches not a couple of feet away just to clarify .They are young dogs with whole careers ahead so look forward to some action threads from across the pond .

Ps heavily scared is a plummer thing i believe lol.

• Like 3

Well done Pinave for taking the Russell in and giving it a home and a chance do what terriers live for. You seem like a genuine person who loves the dogs and the hunt and without ego. I wouldn't be surprised if the white dog does well for you even if his stamp may not be ideal for the quarry you work, they tend to repay what is given to them. Clever little critters they are.

• Like 2