Starting This Tomorrow

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Note to self, don't click on any thread Mac starts without having a box of tissues to hand. Why would they hide that grain?

....... I found it. It's in pic 9, folded out the way.   Phew, all's well again

New business venture this is mac.   Admins... new forum... "Mac plays with hard wood... again"

Posted Images

What a lovey grain of walnut! Beats me too, why do this to a quality wood??? Surely, leaving the walnut alone with just an oiled once over would be a lot nicer than just finishing it off by choking it in a dipped varnish.

Might as well used a plain hardwood beech and finished in the dip of varnish they've used to finish it.

It looks a tasty little rifle this one Jimmy, what about writing us all a proper review of its performance when you've had a decent day's hunting and shoot with it. Particularly, accuracy and trigger performance as you found it on your day out with it.

All the best mate.

Simon

• Like 1

to this

Looks bloody lovely mac.

From a well made looking, but very plain stock to a proper walnut almost custom stock!

You may as well sell your rifles mate because I think you will be inundated with.....Please sir....could you sort my stock out for me, so there won't be time for bunny bashing, you will be bathing in birchwood casey???

• Like 1

to this

Looks bloody lovely mac.

From a well made looking, but very plain stock to a proper walnut almost custom stock!

You may as well sell your rifles mate because I think you will be inundated with.....Please sir....could you sort my stock out for me, so there won't be time for bunny bashing, you will be bathing in birchwood casey

Thank you so much for your kind words ,

RIGHT YOU TWAT WHATS THIS ABOUT NOT HAVING TIME TO GO SHOOTING :tongue2::laugh::thumbs:

ONLY SAYING LIKE ;)

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Joking apart mac, I wonder what a hw100 would look like given the treatment you have just given little hunters stock. How much stain do they give the walnut at weihrauch?

Its not stain but oil and it must be a dark oil they use

But this can be taken out with a warm soapy bath you use the soap suds and a sponge to rub the oil out (washing up liquid )

then leave to dry and a rub over with 000 or 0000 wire wool this will smooth it out then apply your own oil. natural oil

clear if you can get it no color and defo not a dark oil or it will just go back to being dark again when it drys

from this to this

post-63400-0-73404600-1461346821.jpg

post-63400-0-18579200-1461346851.jpg

post-63400-0-58308800-1461346860.jpg

post-63400-0-89270400-1461346869.jpg

post-63400-0-24319400-1461346886.jpg

• Like 1

Joking apart mac, I wonder what a hw100 would look like given the treatment you have just given little hunters stock. How much stain do they give the walnut at weihrauch?

But this can be taken out with a warm soapy bath you use the soap suds and a sponge to rub the oil out (washing up liquid )

then leave to dry and a rub over with 000 or 0000 wire wool this will smooth it out then apply your own oil. natural oil

clear if you can get it no color and defo not a dark oil or it will just go back to being dark again when it drys

from this to this

that's a beauty mac. I have to say I'm very tempted but I'd be sh#t scared to take it out lol.

The postman's going to hate you soon. He will be sending you the bill from his physio for all the timber he's lugging up and down your path ???

from this to this

that's a beauty mac. I have to say I'm very tempted but I'd be sh#t scared to take it out lol.

The postman's going to hate you soon. He will be sending you the bill from his physio for all the timber he's lugging up and down your path

Im out of likes lads

Matt if your going to do it just take your time DO NOT RUSH IT

As a very good friend of mine say,s slowly , slowly catch the monkey

If your going to do it do it right the first time

what you got to lose

if you mess it up you can all ways send it to me and ill put it right lol

• Like 1

from this to this

The postman's going to hate you soon. He will be sending you the bill from his physio for all the timber he's lugging up and down your path

Im out of likes lads

what you got to lose

well I've got a weekend off so I may just tackle it.

Will true oil give a colour finish like yours on those pics mac?

from this to this

Im out of likes lads

what you got to lose

well I've got a weekend off so I may just tackle it.

Will true oil give a colour finish like yours on those pics mac?

Do not put true oil on a walnut stock you want tung oil on it .

This will condition the wood and make the grain pop

you will kill the stock if you put true oil on her

ill have a look for the hw100 thread when i did mine have a read of it it will help you along the way

ill put a link up here for you when i find it

• Like 1