Tried Out Some New Kit

Well after the day from hell work wise and then s#*t loads to do when I got in, then did the fatal thing of sitting down I did the......should I go out tonight or not conundrum for half an hour then said bugger it, an hour is better than nothing so off to the golf course with my new lamp, tracer led ray f600 with the 4 colured led's instead of filters.

First usual spot showed 3 coneys feeding and when they clocked the red light on its lowest setting they legged it so I switched to green and made my way up the fairway to spot number 2. Again, 4 or 5 just on the fairway so got settled and bagged 1. The others only hopped about 10 yards and stopped so that let me bag number 2 at a rough 45 yards off the bipod so all in all a good quick test and as Mark said in his post, a lovely evening to be out.

post-94518-0-61954700-1461193583_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Good going Matt

Nice to be able to change colours like that, are they all in the one head or do you swap led units

it's all I one head pal. You just rotate the ring and it changes the led. It's supposed to be better than a filter as there isn't the amount of white light spilling through as well.

Nice kit and, good shooting.

I normally use nv but, I have got a torch with coloured filters. Do you find it easier to judge distance with a torch?

Definately. I don't know why but I feel more confident with the lamp than I did with my NV kit.

The NV is amazing if your lay waiting at 35 yards from a known hotspot but I like it be moving so it's a constant range estimation in the dark that I find easier with the lamp pal.

• Like 1

Nice one matt, i got the same lamp about 6 months ago and i think its great, the spot is a real tight spot and opens out nice aswell, realy handy with the built in coulours and the dimmer comes in handy

Yes my local RFD talked me into it and I'm glad he did.

When it's on the lowest setting it is extremely low though don't you think?

It is mate that one is too low but i think the middle one is ok to flick on now and then when walking on dodgy ground

How much are they and where do you get them from

and whats the name of it

How far dose the beam go

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Nice kit and, good shooting.

I normally use nv but, I have got a torch with coloured filters. Do you find it easier to judge distance with a torch?

Definately. I don't know why but I feel more confident with the lamp than I did with my NV kit.

The NV is amazing if your lay waiting at 35 yards from a known hotspot but I like it be moving so it's a constant range estimation in the dark that I find easier with the lamp pal.

Cheers. I reckon I'll try mine out.

• Like 1

It is mate that one is too low but i think the middle one is ok to flick on now and then when walking on dodgy ground

How much are they and where do you get them from

and whats the name of it

How far dose the beam go

As bignapper said.

They are around the £100 mark. I have to say it's probably the best lamp I've used on an air rifle.

Here's a few pics mac with the info on the box too in case I forget anything. Also, you don't have to use the stock mounted push button if you don't want, it will unscrew and just use as a normal rear button.

comes with a charger and a lithium battery or you can buy your own chuck aways.???

Also, it's mounted in a type of ball and socket so you can alter the poi for different ranges very quickly.

post-94518-0-30085800-1461254824_thumb.jpg

post-94518-0-88564900-1461254838_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good going Matt

Nice to be able to change colours like that, are they all in the one head or do you swap led units

it's all I one head pal. You just rotate the ring and it changes the led. It's supposed to be better than a filter as there isn't the amount of white light spilling through as well.

Cheers Matt,

they do look good and usefull 4 colours so any lamp shy and you can change on the hoof sort of.

• Like 2

Mite just look into one of these

this is worth a look, half the price £49

I've been using one for the last few weeks and its sound, it works great for the ranges we work within!

its on eBay, paste this in LED Lenser P7.2 Tactical Scope Mounted Lamp/Torch Free Filter Kit

atb si

• Like 1