Indian Sand Stone

Shit stuff to lay if random.can't use string lines.and I always pva the back of em or they will lift.pointing s pain too I pump if in after with part build sand and plastering sand the run wide half round iron over it.3 to 1 mix.price depends if it's just laying or doing base work.its got to be near 9o pound a metrd all in now.

• Like 1

Like above said paint something on the back side before laying . We use sbr bond . We don't do it for the adhesion as such but a long time ago we layed a few for a small step at my boss house and we "spotted them" . I know it's a cardinal sin but it was my bosses house and he didn't give a shit as it was a small step to his shed . Years later they have weathered and got a slight green tint as they do and you could see where the spots were as those areas had stayed unweathered . It's looked horrific . After asking around we were told they are so porous that the slabs had sucked up the cement "juice" through the slab and that those areas hadn't weathered . Imagine a while patio layed , every area underneath that is touching the cement is pristine and every area that hasn't touched the cement is weathered . It would be a disaster .

Just had it layed, how long would it take to look like that?

Not 100 % sure . I only seen it a few years after laying and the slabs had discoloured a lot more but the difference was the same . Might be worth asking the guy who layed them if he's put anything underneath to stop it .

It might never happen I don't know . Just from that one time we noticed and asked around we've always bonded underneath incase it happened at a customers house because your in deep shit if it does happen . I'd imagine the slabs are perminantly stained so would have to get customers new ones plus redoing the whole Patio

This has become so popular lately that Were priceing this stuff up almost weekly on jobs some ware in a project.

£60 pound sqm is a good price for the customer, as we charge this out at 120 sqm upwards to clients supplied and fit.

One customer bought some Indian sand stone off ebay thinking they had bought a bargain, £13 sqm it turned out to be a load of old sh## as it wasn't calibrated and looked like it had frost damage.

He wasn't happy when we said we were not laying it, and sent him down the local builders merchants to buy more.

My mum has that out her back... It's a pain in the backside, goes green very quick needs powerhosed regular or you'd break your neck.. Also tend to wobble about and chip.

Good stuff they said lol. Lovely to look at but not my cup of tea

Getting your fall working properly is a problem . Some of the varieties of slabs have such a rough top to them that levels and string line is a nightmare . If there is a problem with weathering quickly maybe chuck some outside sealer on it possibly

The PVA is to stop em lifting as some builders spot bed them on a dry mix,so they don't bond and will lift/ rock.wettish strong pug on full beds,also save you pumping in shit loads of pointing mix.I put pva in that too help adhesion.need s suuny day for it tho

My mum has that out her back... It's a pain in the backside, goes green very quick needs powerhosed regular or you'd break your neck.. Also tend to wobble about and chip.

Good stuff they said lol. Lovely to look at but not my cup of tea

i would have thought it is a pain in the backside, and it would go green...........if it was out of your mums back............... :laugh:..................sorry......i couldn't resist :icon_redface: