Help With Working My Parsons Terrier

evening guys

Just a quick one

I have a 5 year old energetic terrier I would like to work, I have had him since he's was a pup I got him from a working farm who also bred terriers there , he is well trained and well behaved round other dogs,

Any chance he gets near a rabbit or any vermin he's off giving chase like a rocket but i don't what this problem is every time he gets near the prey its like he loses interests and doesn't want to carry on, is this down to never been worked before and the time has done him damage seeing as he is 5 years old and haven't been worked from the start ??

This is the gundog section, and your query may be better dealt with by someone in the terrier section. However, just my view on it having kept terriers in the past. Is your problem that it chases, or that the dog does not catch/kill. If it's the latter then that it is easily resolved by ensuring that a catch is made, the circumstances are right and the dog is sufficiently fired up. I would still suggest a visit to the terrier section where you are likely to receive more detailed advice by either post or PM.

• Like 1