Cremating Dogs

Last walk up the field for me,,,get the dog intrested in something,,,then it's all over....

I had an old hob ferret two year back,,,he was 8 ,,home bred,,he had a tumer,,,took him out ,,put him in front of a rabbit burry,,,let him sniff the fresh sent of young rabbit,,,then pulled the trigger,,,buried him in that entrance,,,I walk past it most days....

I remember an episode of all creatures great and small,,,the had to put a horse down,,,it was a hunter,,,the local huntsman came in the yard,,,on horse back with a few hounds and blew his horn,,,the horse pricked his ears and the vet used the humane killer...

That's the way I've done mine in the past ... take em to a nice spot dig the hole throw some food down its all over .. I couldn't handle sitting round the vet's .

Its the only way,the people about that have the dogs consideration above all else will at times walk home from the field with the heaviest heart and tears.

• Like 3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last walk up the field for me,,,get the dog intrested in something,,,then it's all over....   I had an old hob ferret two year back,,,he was 8 ,,home bred,,he had a tumer,,,took him out ,,put him in

they lived to go to ground then that's where they rest,the wife has had a few cats,dog that's she's had cremated ,not for me,I dig 6ft for them one last time,the least I can do for them,not ashamed to

We had the two old ones put down just after Christmas , the old terrier was 17 the old lab 14 , luckily we have a mate who's a vet and she came round home and did them , she new both dogs and they new

they lived to go to ground then that's where they rest,the wife has had a few cats,dog that's she's had cremated ,not for me,I dig 6ft for them one last time,the least I can do for them,not ashamed to admit filling up,never gets easier how ever many times you do it,atb dc

• Like 7

Had my pet terrier put to sleep on Monday one the most heart breaking things iv done in my life my parent were in bits so I took him he was 14 and I had him for my 9th Xmas was a little character went down hill over 3 days and done right by the dog he's been cremated and be put next to my other terrier that was 18 when he died their family dogs the works get buried in my uncles yard

I have had numerous dogs pts over many years, more years and dogs than I care to remember, never gets any easier.

I have shot everything over the years from Sheep Lambs Cows for farmers, Cats and dogs for other folk for various reasons, but for one reason or another I could never find the stomach to shoot my own dogs. Doubt I ever will, and to be honest I hope I never have to.

I'm with you on this. If there is a vet available they are doing it.

I have had numerous dogs pts over many years, more years and dogs than I care to remember, never gets any easier.

I have shot everything over the years from Sheep Lambs Cows for farmers, Cats and dogs for other folk for various reasons, but for one reason or another I could never find the stomach to shoot my own dogs. Doubt I ever will, and to be honest I hope I never have to.

I'm with you on this. If there is a vet available they are doing it.

Im not for one minute knocking you mucker,but the folk that commit themselves to their mutts last moment on this earth often have a better respect for their charge than another that would rather seek an easier way out.Again im not having a knock and respect anybody that has the dogs interest at heart,yet a last walk on ground a dog and owner have bonded on is the hardest walk id wish on anybody.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifPhoto0276.jpgthey lived to go to ground then that's where they rest,the wife has had a few cats,dog that's she's had cremated ,not for me,I dig 6ft for them one last time,the least I can do for them,not ashamed to admit filling up,never gets easier how ever many times you do it,atb dc

Looks a nice spot that Daniel ,,,

we used to bury ours in the garden. When we moved, our lass wanted them to come with us, but try as I might I could not dig them back up. These days they go in the back field, underneath the roe beds. All their collars are on a hook in the barn. And when I go, the collars will be in the box with me.

Oh my hearts breaking reading all your posts :cray:

TOMO's post - speaks for itself :thumbs:

Never had to put a dog I owned down but had to stay with dogs as owners couldn't handle it. Flip the gut wrench you get is unreal.

When my animals die or a family bred dog, relations to my two boys, I dig a hole here. They will all go in the same area when they're time comes, I only hope it's not anytime soon!