Bedlington X Whippet

Considering getting a Beddy x whippet. Going to be family pet/rabbiting dog

Are there any recommended breeders you could suggest

Thanks

i reckonmend the bedlington greyhound, a little more body, you want a good one though. a bitch will be smaller so i reckon a nice bedlington greyhound bitch a smaller class greyhound brood with a class working bedlington across it. i have had running dogs all my life i love the bedlington whippets but most are very small and a bit whimpy.. i love em though. it down to breeding get quallity stock dont rush. get it right.

its will be hard to find a quality bedlington cross breeder, maybe a good one might show up.

i want to get my own bitch and breed with a good bedlington and a decent collie to create some quallity pups. so many dogs just crossed with whatever be careful if you seeking the real mccoy.

i can say i have had the real deal i have bred and owned bedlingtons crosses. first and 3/4 whippet and and greyhound x's. the greyhound cross is stronger.

if the bitch is not some lanky marathon thing and the sire is strong and straight your on the right track. you want a smaller class greyhound bitch then cross her with the right dog bedlington. you wont get good from putting bad with good.

first cross is excellent on the ferreting and lamping rabbits.

• Like 3

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy, there will be 1/16 greyhound on whippet side. 22 1/2"  

Why don't you go for a beddy grew we bit more height and bit of both whippet and greyhound here's my we pup just under 11 months 22tts

She,s a 3/4 cross, enough of the coat has been passed on from the Beddy, but like unclepesta say,s, some will be smooth, buster.

Posted Images

just do one thing dont rush. dont impulse buy. get the right dog for you. put time into the dog it will repay you once it matures. bedlington x's have a great strike and burst of energy as they strike its great for rabbits.

collie cross is the original lurcher imo. bedlington cross is more direct with the striking and attack but will show the pre planned herd technique also as it matures in knowledge. bedlington x pups do like early stimulation on lures like a rag on a fishin rod get em thinking technique from puppy. chase and catch not chase and break the dogs will.

• Like 4

just do one thing dont rush. dont impulse buy. get the right dog for you. put time into the dog it will repay you once it matures. bedlington x's have a great strike and burst of energy as they strike its great for rabbits.

collie cross is the original lurcher imo. bedlington cross is more direct with the striking and attack but will show the pre planned herd technique also as it matures in knowledge. bedlington x pups do like early stimulation on lures like a rag on a fishin rod get em thinking technique from puppy. chase and catch not chase and break the dogs will.

very true atb

the whippet x bedlington greyhound is a nice rabbiting dog, the thing for any newcomer to remember is that some of these pups will not look beddy but like whippets, in fact it would take a good dog man to see the bedlington in some 3/4 crosses.

so bare that in mind if your looking for that scruffy type, 3/4 breeding will be smooth and broken, so check dont just turn up to look at some pups assuming broken coats, you might only be offered a whippet :icon_redface:

some are nice and real smooth like a racing whippets, some are like miniture deerhounds with broken coat.

• Like 2