Went For A Walk Last Night.

I was feeling pretty rough yesterday from a good dose of man flu (not those sniffles that the missus gets). After sitting here pissing with sweat for a while, I decided to take a walk round my nearest permission.

At 10pm packed up my HW100 and headed off to a rugby club 10 mins away.

There's 7 warrens in the banks around the perimeter. To be honest, I didn't care if I didn't get anything - the way I was feeling, it was just nice to be out in the cool night air in a tee shirt for an hour.

As it turned out, I did manage to get 3 from different areas.

post-102688-0-43930700-1460541659_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I always gut the rabbits on site but, leave the livers in - I like them with tomato and english mustard.

I know the livers are also a sign of the health of the rabbit. The attached picture is the liver from the larger rabbit.

I wondered if someone could help me with a bit more info for what I'm looking at here?

post-102688-0-75817200-1460542271_thumb.jpg

Not man flu, when you have man flu you cant go out lol

nice shooting by the way

and that rifle looks the dogs b*llicks

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers Mac.

Quite a few have come and gone over the las 12 months but, this has always been my 1 true keeper ;)

• Like 1

Same as me i love the hw100s so much i open the cabinet and out of all the rifles its the only one i pick up time and time again that may change soon mind with the hw110

and to think i hatted the hw100 at one time lol

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

I always gut the rabbits on site but, leave the livers in - I like them with tomato and english mustard.

I know the livers are also a sign of the health of the rabbit. The attached picture is the liver from the larger rabbit.

I wondered if someone could help me with a bit more info for what I'm looking at here?

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/49891-white-spots-on-rabbit-livers-what-is-it/

There is an earlier thread on here discussing the phenomena, sadly no pictures.

I am on my second bout of Man Flu in 5 weeks. This time the Dr gave me a 2 week sick note, to make sure I clear it from my system. Work aren't impressed. At least I've stopped coughing up melted cheese now.

The mild winter hasn't killed off the usual bacteria

That liver looks like coccidiosis (I googled it), and opinion is that it is unfit for consumption, couldn't find anything about the rest of the rabbit that the liver came from though. I'd rather be safe than sorry and discard the liver and the rabbit.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/49891-white-spots-on-rabbit-livers-what-is-it/

There is an earlier thread on here discussing the phenomena, sadly no pictures.

I am on my second bout of Man Flu in 5 weeks. This time the Dr gave me a 2 week sick note, to make sure I clear it from my system. Work aren't impressed. At least I've stopped coughing up melted cheese now.

The mild winter hasn't killed off the usual bacteria

'Melted cheese' :D

At least you have a couple of weeks to go shooting - I mean resting and recuperating. Try it, I slept like a baby last night ;)

Edited by Jonjon79

That liver looks like coccidiosis (I googled it), and opinion is that it is unfit for consumption, couldn't find anything about the rest of the rabbit that the liver came from though. I'd rather be safe than sorry and discard the liver and the rabbit.

Cheers. I just had a look at that. It's a shame to bin the poor bugger but, I'm not going to risk it.

I went ratting last night for the medicinal benefits.

No success but I saw a couple. I think washing my ducks had disturbed them too much.

The two I saw, I could hear them pushing through the wire to get into the duck run, then they whizzed down a pallet that gives a bit of shelter to the ducks.

Then it was like race n chase. They wouldn't keep still, then vanished behind a bath.

I am going to put some white melamine down the sides of the run, so the rats show up better. And move those pallets.

I am using a .22 Pro Sport with a red T20 torch.

The last time i saw summert like this liver photo it was clad in a pair of kinky knickers and stunk of fish !

She never did tell me her name,- not that i asked. :nono:

"Only saying like"

• Like 2