Whippet Bull First Cross?

Has anyone got a 1st cross whippet bull? Recently got a ten week old pup very well bred , whippet side is all Mike brown lines with sooty Sam appearing 5 times in it and the pit said is all old frisco lines , just wondering if anyone has pictures of there dogs fully developed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very under rated dogs imo are the bull x whippet's

Bred a litter a good few years ago out of a Mike Brown bred whippet to a very well bred bull bitch I owned.It was exactly the same time that JP was breeding his first litter of pocket rockets.To be ho

This is a bull whippet with a touch of kelpie, not thick set pretty racey. Defiantly got the whippet take off

Posted Images

Has anyone got a 1st cross whippet bull? Recently got a ten week old pup very well bred , whippet side is all Mike brown lines with sooty Sam appearing 5 times in it and the pit said is all old frisco lines , just wondering if anyone has pictures of there dogs fully developed

if you search " whippet archives " you will see the s.sam dog 12 times in sires ped, for what it's worth. They have changed the site around a bit, I think it's a bit harder to follow than before so that's probably where your getting mixed up. A.t.b

Bred a litter a good few years ago out of a Mike Brown bred whippet to a very well bred bull bitch I owned.It was exactly the same time that JP was breeding his first litter of pocket rockets.To be honest they all lacked the pace to be a good standard at anything more than maybe pulling something from a hole and to be fair you don't really need a lurcher to do that.I don't believe the smaller frame of the whippet carries the extra weight or bulk whatever you want to call it that the taller longer frame of the greyhound can.

• Like 17

These seem to look racey atm , all the right breeding is there to , I guess all we can do is wait and see , I think it really depends on the pup as I've seen some heavy first crosses and some racey half crosses

Tom,I've been inclined myself to write them off as just little knock about dogs for rabbits/ foxes and for maybe working along side terriers but I've been corrected a few times by lads Ive spoken to over the last while that had this x over the years and were surprised by what their little dogs could do.time will tell Tom, hope he does all ye need him too