6.5 Creedmoor

Well lads are there many lads in Ireland or the UK shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor. I know there's a few shooting the .260 Remington but how many are shooting the 6.5 Creedmoor.

I ordered one a month ago but it won't be here for another couple of months. I'm looking forward to playing with it.

We can't roll our own in the Republic of Ireland but I have an RFD in the North who can get me all the ammo I want. He said his supplier in England reckons the 6.5 Creedmoor is the most ordered calibre so far this year over any other given calibre coming in from the US.

I know next to nothing about them except they were introduced for target and I think its Hornady that make some field ammo for them now. Never used or seen one!

I'd be interested to hear more of your experiences over time.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Be interested to see how it goes. I have just been reading about it and it seems that it was originally sort after for target shooting due to its accurate nature. But as with the .222 it soon found favour with vermin controllers.

I read that its design makes it easier to utilise a short action, unlike the Swede which normally tends to be built on a long action. So maybe it will start replacing the 6.5 Swede in the future and we will see loads of them appearing on the SH market.

Post a piccie and let's see how nice it looks.

G

I'll definitely post pics when I get it. Its a Savage 16 FCSS weather warrior and I'm sticking it in a GRS Berzerk stock.

Yea it was brought out as a target/competition round in 2007 but it quickly gained interest with hunters because of its high BC bullets, short action and it's inherit accuracy. I really like the idea of match grade modern hunting ammo.

• Like 1

@ ianm I spent over a year researching the round and different rifles and I have asked a lot of questions on American forum's while trying to choose the right set up for me. Savage rifles kept coming out on top accuracy wise with groups of .5MOA or better out of the box with factory ammo so fingers crossed I get a good one.

@ 3175darren I'll definitely look them up thanks for the info.

• Like 1