R I P Howard Marks

I can't understand the fascination over a drug smuggler ... I wonder how many young lives the shit he smuggled ruined ... He is potraied as some sort of celebrity when in truth he was a low life criminal that supplied drugs into this country ......

I dont think bringing in a bit of puff is that big a deal certainly not compared to crime that has innocent victims....but i agree i cant understand this fascination with celebrity criminals.....or why he would want to be one is even more baffling :blink:

• Like 1

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't understand the fascination over a drug smuggler ... I wonder how many young lives the shit he smuggled ruined ... He is potraied as some sort of celebrity when in truth he was a low life crim

Yeah all those lives ruined by a bit of hash :laugh:   Gutted to hear he's passed, a real legend and by all accounts a stand up bloke.   RIP Howard I'm off to spark one for you

If a man needs to earn money from writing books about his crimes then he probably wasnt a very succesful criminal.

I can't understand the fascination over a drug smuggler ... I wonder how many young lives the shit he smuggled ruined ... He is potraied as some sort of celebrity when in truth he was a low life criminal that supplied drugs into this country ......

.....or why he would want to be one is even more baffling :blink:

i'd have a guess it's an easier way of making money and less likely to land you in the shovel...

Yokel

.....or why he would want to be one is even more baffling :blink:

i'd have a guess it's an easier way of making money and less likely to land you in the shovel...

Yokel

If a man needs to earn money from writing books about his crimes then he probably wasnt a very succesful criminal.

• Like 8

A very good point gnash, and I concur on the whole, but I think old Mr marks was just an old head and not one of these Courtney esqe gangstar types...just getting a bit of coin in his old age...I could be wrong and he may have just been another inflated ego who liked blowing his own trumpet, but he didn't come across that way...

Yokel

• Like 5

a young lad is offered a bit of puff buy a dealer . yea harmless really but after a while he goes for his bit of puff and the dealer says. aint got any puff wee man. but you can try one of these if ye want. :yes: kids are gullable. not long before the dealer has anoth good little earner. where do you draw the line.

puff is probably one of the least dangerous substances. but is aimed at children without a scooby what they are getting into. and the first step on a dodgy ladder for many

• Like 1

Everyone I know who has smoked the stuff habitually for the past few decades have a vacant look about them... its almost as if the fires no longer in there eyes ..

Have never smoked anything or taken drugs ... its just not my thing ... I am to much of a control freak to allow some substance or other alter my mind or my body ... f**k that :laugh:

Each to there own ... its just not my thing

• Like 7

Think you've been watching "reefer madness".I have never ever known a " dealer" go out offering his wares to those he doesn't know or who don't want it, it's a falsehood spread by the anti drug brigade...and IF there is any truth in that scenario, that is a reason for legalisation in my mind....

Yokel

• Like 5
Socks ' not as many as Brewery's

Pubs' clubs ect who make and sell Alcohol.

He messed about with weed

Not coke' E's ' Smack or Crack.[/quotbrewerie

Socks ' not as many as Brewery's

Pubs' clubs ect who make and sell Alcohol.

He messed about with weed

Not coke' E's ' Smack or Crack.

breweries don't line the pockets of terrorist organisations though ... He did ......

Looking at him he would probably of funded whoever told him to fund them......lets be honest, if he came demanding money you would just tell him to f**k off.

I don't know much about him but as I understand it he seemed like some public school hippy weed head......nothing more.

• Like 2

Met him in Bristol on his Mr nice tour,enjoyed a good reefer or two with the man,signed my book and ticket stub-a legend for sure.rip Mr marks.

Ditto, in Cornwall, had a pic with him, signed the book to my bro in law (whose book it was) rang him and told him, he said I never liked the Knut :D

R.I.P Mr. Nice

Cheers, D.

Everyone I know who has smoked the stuff habitually for the past few decades have a vacant look about them... its almost as if the fires no longer in there eyes ..

Have never smoked anything or taken drugs ... its just not my thing ... I am to much of a control freak to allow some substance or other alter my mind or my body ... f**k that :laugh:

Couldnt agree more.....its not for me but i dont really have a problem with it each to their own and all that......but i couldnt have such people around me as a regular thing i want to be around folk who are on the ball not with that disengaged void look about them.

• Like 2

Some of the most tuned in and creative people I know are stoners its horses for coarses and subjective to the individual... if you are of week mind mind and will then it doesn't matter if its weed , alcohol prescription drugs or class A's your probably going to have problems....each to there own there's no such thing as a one size fits all when it comes to drugs legal or illegal.

• Like 4

Couldnt agree more.....its not for me but i dont really have a problem with it each to their own and all that......but i couldnt have such people around me as a regular thing i want to be around folk who are on the ball not with that disengaged void look about them.

I work with a lad who claims he uses the stuff every time he has roll up & he is a lovely lad but he stinks of the stuff & everything about him is almost in slow motion... his speech ... his movements the lot ...I think I am just an old fashioned gal .... I just dont get it

If I was in to drugs I would want summat to give me an edge make me sharp as a tack .... not turn me into a sloath like being :laugh:

• Like 1

I work with a lad who claims he uses the stuff every time he has roll up & he is a lovely lad but he stinks of the stuff & everything about him is almost in slow motion... his speech ... his movements the lot ...I think I am just an old fashioned gal .... I just dont get it

If I was in to drugs I would want summat to give me an edge make me sharp as a tack .... not turn me into a sloath like being :laugh:

That's exactly what I mean everybody is different ...I'm very errrm energetic, frantic naturally i dont need uppers or like them its nice to come down an chill and give myself a break from myself :laugh:

That's exactly what I mean everybody is different ...I'm very errrm energetic, frantic naturally i dont need uppers or like them its nice to come down an chill and give myself a break from myself :laugh:

I have worked with this lad 10 years & he does everything at a snails pace ... I cant think he has a rush in him :laugh: ... out of interest is this stuff habit forming like tobacco ?