Led Lamp Options?

Hi all,

I'm thinking quite hard about making the step to using an LED lamp on my 17 HMR for lamping. i have been looking at the night master 800 lamp, adjustable mount and extension tube for greater run time. The clulite lamps look like very good value, but I'm not a fan of their mounting system (not that I have any personal experience of them). One of the major gripes with my current set up, a lightforce 170 scope mounted unit (apart from humping the battery about in a rucksack) is that the lamp gets in the way. I end up knocking it when I sling and unsling the rifle, I knock it out of alignment and it generally makes life a bit more difficult than it should be plus if anything hard rubs over the surface of the lamp, the plastic is quite noisy. Thus, I'm looking for something with a variable beam (not overly important), low profile, secure mount, good run time and a strong beam. Anyone got any experience?

thanks a lot

D

Hi all,

I'm thinking quite hard about making the step to using an LED lamp on my 17 HMR for lamping. i have been looking at the night master 800 lamp, adjustable mount and extension tube for greater run time. The clulite lamps look like very good value, but I'm not a fan of their mounting system (not that I have any personal experience of them). One of the major gripes with my current set up, a lightforce 170 scope mounted unit (apart from humping the battery about in a rucksack) is that the lamp gets in the way. I end up knocking it when I sling and unsling the rifle, I knock it out of alignment and it generally makes life a bit more difficult than it should be plus if anything hard rubs over the surface of the lamp, the plastic is quite noisy. Thus, I'm looking for something with a variable beam (not overly important), low profile, secure mount, good run time and a strong beam. Anyone got any experience?

thanks a lot

D

I use a tracer stingray from Debden and find its excellent, bit bigger than I think your looking for, but lot smaller than the 170

Added advantage is it is variable power and full beam over 400 metres