Precision Shot Placement With The Hw100Ks.22

This is the standard of accuracy i like to achieve all the time lads - with both .177 and .22.

The pellet used is the Falcon Accuracy Plus. .22

The buck rabbit was shot at 34 yds ( lazed)

The woodpigeon was shot at a long 51 yds ( lazed)

atb

p.s. click on the photo to enlarge it.

post-85710-0-68907400-1460216961_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

No, 51 yds is not my comfort zone but i knew the ranges i had to shoot, so i went to the wood earlier in the day to calibrate on the huge trees.

I pick my marks for glancing shots on the tree trunks at the heights of the nearby branches they land on. The .22 pellet leaves an obvious graze on the bark, i then simply put my cross hair on the graze, fire again and take note of the mill dot difference between grazes.

Shooting static off Primos sticks lads.

I find this simple method deadly accurate :good: but i don`t make a habit of it :nono:

The buck rabbit was well in range, i`m zeroed at 28 yards he showed up at 34, so a tadge hold over, - easy shot really.

atb

• Like 1

This is the standard of accuracy i like to achieve all the time lads - with both .177 and .22.

The pellet used is the Falcon Accuracy Plus. .22

The buck rabbit was shot at 34 yds ( lazed)

The woodpigeon was shot at a long 51 yds ( lazed)

atb

p.s. click on the photo to enlarge it.

Not a bad bit of shooting and I think we all aspire to that standard of accuracy (and wouldn't take the shot if we didn't consider ourselves capable) especially considering that the inevitable alternative is horrifically wounding the quarry! The moral is (as you rightly pointed out) not to take the shot unless you are as certain as can be you have the experience, practice and certainty that you can achieve the level of accuracy you illustrate :)

• Like 1

Nice shot on the rabbit Mark and a f*#@ing cracking shot on the woody pal. It just goes to show us all that what ever your preference of calibre, if you put the practice in, know your combo, and are confident, that either calibre will do the job. Nice shooting pal.

• Like 1

I`ve never ever used chair gun Dave. Too much faff for me mate as i like the "stone age methods" especially shooting at a tangent.

I visit the sight i am going to shoot, sit 30 yds "ish" away from the tree, shoot at the expected heights,- 51 yds up in this case, but the angle of shot only gave me 3/4 mill dot hold over with .22 and no hold over in .177 off Primos shooting sticks ( dictated by the grazes to the tree trunk), -- never lies and " a deadly accurate method" for different sights to shoot and angles. ( for me :icon_redface: )

p.s. dont forget the prevailing wind either .

atb

• Like 1

Nice shooting mate ,I am surprised you haven't used the FAP sooner ,since me banging on about them for the last few years :thumbs:

Yes Mitch i should have tried the F,A,P sooner but i had a lot of AA Fields .22 to shift first.

I cleaned the barrel to being "spotless" and now that she is thoroughly "leaded in" the groups i am obtaining are superb.

" Tac driver" no 2 :good: and they hit real hard too !

atb

• Like 1