Boxing At The Weekend...

19 minutes ago, MickC said:

Sparring is not fighting Shark you know that mate. I cant see Fury v Joshua happening anytime soon as they both have defences too make and anything can happen at Heavyweight. Hearn wants the Fury v Joshua fight asap ? which I can understand especially with Usyk waiting inline after Pulev for his shot at Joshua. I still stand by what I said from the start Fury beats Joshua if/when they meet. Fury has Wilder next allegedly then Whyte and he should win both them comfortably enough.Wilder has now been ranked at no 2 by the WBA which was a predictable move by the powers that be now they dont have an American champion, so we may yet still see a Wilder v Joshua fight . Hopefully once this Corona is gone the fights start happening . Ideally let Fury and Joshua deal with there mandatorys first and then fight each other in 2021 .

Can you see it happening Mick  fury aj as I'm sure I read fury is retiring after two more fights 1 being wilder 2nd white and with this virus delaying things even further will fury still want it with aj then 

Edited by Blackmag

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

Can you see it happening Mick  fury aj as I'm sure I read fury is retiring after two more fights 1 being wilder 2nd white and with this virus delaying things even further will fury still want it with aj then 

plus Fury may have this 8 year ban thing hanging over his head, with that farmer with that £ 25000  thing, anything on that mick ?

1 hour ago, bird said:

plus Fury may have this 8 year ban thing hanging over his head, with that farmer with that £ 25000  thing, anything on that mick ?

Not sure anything is going to happen anytime soon with this Corona crisis so Fury v Joshua even further away. Fury has 2 more fights on his contract and I cant see him retiring with the money he would make by fighting on but Fury is unpreditable and may lose interest. The  Farmer in question got in touch with Warren and demanded money or said he was going to UKAD with his story. Warren told him where to go so the Farmer instead of going to UKAD sold his story to a News Paper. The case in question was from back in February 2015 and is well documented on the UKAD site and others .

Edited by MickC
22 hours ago, MickC said:

Not sure anything is going to happen anytime soon with this Corona crisis so Fury v Joshua even further away. Fury has 2 more fights on his contract and I cant see him retiring with the money he would make by fighting on but Fury is unpreditable and may lose interest. The  Farmer in question got in touch with Warren and demanded money or said he was going to UKAD with his story. Warren told him where to go so the Farmer instead of going to UKAD sold his story to a News Paper. The case in question was from back in February 2015 and is well documented on the UKAD site and others .

thanks mick :thumbs:  , are you a traveler mate , just out of interest , you seem to know fair bit about Fury .?  I watched his tv programs and his build up to that 2nd fight , quite enjoyed it  , i  prefer him to his dad john , even though  what he said come true . Fury prob get the 4 belts this year, poss retire he said but still think Aj be tougher test than wilder even though beat Aj !!, but like his wife said , he carnt walk away from boxing, he done it all his life, maybe coach other gypsy kids .:yes:

15 hours ago, bird said:

thanks mick :thumbs:  , are you a traveler mate , just out of interest , you seem to know fair bit about Fury .?  I watched his tv programs and his build up to that 2nd fight , quite enjoyed it  , i  prefer him to his dad john , even though  what he said come true . Fury prob get the 4 belts this year, poss retire he said but still think Aj be tougher test than wilder even though beat Aj !!, but like his wife said , he carnt walk away from boxing, he done it all his life, maybe coach other gypsy kids .:yes:

No Im not a traveller Ray mate, I did grow up around a lot of travellers though. Ive always followed boxing and when your Offshore off shift theres not a great deal to do. Now they have wifi in the cabins I tend to spend too much time online on all the different boxing forums as well as other ones just passing the time away tbh .

2 hours ago, MickC said:

No Im not a traveller Ray mate, I did grow up around a lot of travellers though. Ive always followed boxing and when your Offshore off shift theres not a great deal to do. Now they have wifi in the cabins I tend to spend too much time online on all the different boxing forums as well as other ones just passing the time away tbh .

Offshore? I might be way off here mick, but did you have a lurcher in the late 80's, I think, 'mole'?

26 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Offshore? I might be way off here mick, but did you have a lurcher in the late 80's, I think, 'mole'?

2 hours ago, MickC said:

ok thanks mick, not sure  if you said before about work on the rigs, that you engineer  or some like that, which one you on mick. i had mate back in the 80s ( welder ) on the rigs, he earned good money back then , but said it drying up now regards the big money .?  just interested  in that type of work, all i did was manual work  digging holes , roofing, labour  on building sites, then brewery work 25 years, iam 67 now old knacker now lol,  if i had better brain, back then, i wouldnt mind learning trade like welding or something , all us thick feckers did when we left school was what i did , or prob dustman   lol

2 hours ago, bird said:

ok thanks mick, not sure  if you said before about work on the rigs, that you engineer  or some like that, which one you on mick. i had mate back in the 80s ( welder ) on the rigs, he earned good money back then , but said it drying up now regards the big money .?  just interested  in that type of work, all i did was manual work  digging holes , roofing, labour  on building sites, then brewery work 25 years, iam 67 now old knacker now lol,  if i had better brain, back then, i wouldnt mind learning trade like welding or something , all us thick feckers did when we left school was what i did , or prob dustman   lol

Im a Joiner Ray I build the Habitats for blasters/painters to work in out here. Money is basically down to bare minimum under the OCA agreement. All Drilling lads just put on 90 days notice this morning due to Corona crisis .

58 minutes ago, MickC said:

Im a Joiner Ray I build the Habitats for blasters/painters to work in out here. Money is basically down to bare minimum under the OCA agreement. All Drilling lads just put on 90 days notice this morning due to Corona crisis .

thanks mick , nice trade that then working with timber, might be down to  bare minimum money, but worst case mick, if you left you still got a trade to fall back on, dont know how old you are, but when i was at my local brewery  i finished at 50 , with not bad minimum   wage aweek from them, as i had been there 26 years, so classed staff . but there was other blokes there my age  back then, or blokes hitting 60, and not put the service in like me, and they were fooked couldnt do the work no more , on the scrapheap , struggled to get work  50-60 year old , didnt have trades  ,they were just manual workers .

• Like 1
On 17/03/2020 at 21:29, darbo said:

RIP Roger Mayweather good trainer decent boxer age 58.

I thought that was a shame about Roger Mayweather i really enjoyed watching him fight in such a great era for those divisions...he lost to the biggest names but played a major part and fought Chavez,Whittaker,Lockridge all at their best.....if you watch Rogers fight against Vinny Pazienza you see where that defensive genius of Floyd evolved from,Roger was probably a crisper harder puncher than Floyd but obviously he didnt have Floyds skills......shame the Black Mamba is no more,makes you realise how old your getting !

• Like 2
On 11/03/2020 at 19:36, Greyman said:

Don’t know if you’ve seen this, but worth 15minutes of your time if not ?

He seems to have the things you cant teach like speed and power and is a lovely mover.....but he just seems so untypical of a Mexican fighter,makes you wonder what his inside game is like and whether he can dog it out....looks terrified of getting hit and holds himself very tall at times....we,ll see over time i suppose.....i dont really follow those divisions at world level is there any chance of a fight against Lomachenko on the horizon or not ?

1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikewhoatv/status/1244209544810684417

Billy joe in a spot of bother again

It's clearly a joke and I would be lying if I said I didn't chuckle when he threw the hook to finish 

Personally i think the left hook to finish is only for powder puff punchers.....its basic schoolboy stuff " miss with the right hand come back with the left hook " ?

• 4 months later...
Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

Seen a lot of attention Devin Haney recently now floyd has started training him and firing the videos onto YouTube. I reckon he beats Lopez and maybe tank davis but just cant see him beating loma. Never know though he could be the next floyd

Loma is a fair bit smaller than these two though, I just hope he faces them sooner rather than later because although he hasn't had many pro fights he's got a fair bit of milage on the clock. 

It looks like Lopez has priced himself out of the fight, he's huge at the weight though and would be a massive test for Loma.