Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

On 25/11/2019 at 18:27, shaaark said:

Yes, definitely got to stay focussed if he wants to stay away from that right hand. He can't afford to fanny around like he did last time. If wilder caught him with the same punch he dropped ortiz with on saturday, he wouldn't have got back up

I disagree there Shaaark mate, I didnt think that shot what finished Ortiz was as hard as either of the two shots Wilder hit Fury with in that 12th round with the second punch being an absolute free shot and also Furys head bouncing off the canvas to add to the knockdown.Ortiz had the beating of Wilder imo but as the fight went on Ortiz got more and more confident and more complacent and his left hand was getting lower and lower and he left himself wide open for the shot that finished him. Dont forget Ortiz  is an old fighter and probably is a lot older than his stated age.Hopefully we wont have long to wait for the Wilder v Fury  rematch,Finkel has stated that all the details will be sorted out this week for the rematch.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, MickC said:

I disagree there Shaaark mate, I didnt think that shot what finished Ortiz was as hard as either of the two shots Wilder hit Fury with in that 12th round with the second punch being an absolute free shot and also Furys head bouncing off the canvas to add to the knockdown.Ortiz had the beating of Wilder imo but as the fight went on Ortiz got more and more confident and more complacent and his left hand was getting lower and lower and he left himself wide open for the shot that finished him. Dont forget Ortiz  is an old fighter and probably is a lot older than his stated age.Hopefully we wont have long to wait for the Wilder v Fury  rematch,Finkel has stated that all the details will be sorted out this week for the rematch.

An astute reply mick ?

1 hour ago, MickC said:

To be fair to Wilder he knows he only needs that one opportunity and he completely backs himself to 1 punch finish... this might not be a golden age for the heavies but the completely different styles make it really interesting....

I think Wilder will finish Fury in the next fight, ortiz is a good boxer and a bigger hitter than Fury, I just can't see Fury staying out of range for 12 rounds....it could be a great fight 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, shaaark said:

Like I said earlier  very similar to the brezeale ko ?

Those straight punches are still travelling, he punches right through... both of the shots against ortiz and brazalle were lights out shots!!

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Those straight punches are still travelling, he punches right through... both of the shots against ortiz and brazalle were lights out shots!!

A mate of mine when he was training young boxers would ask them where on the head do you aim ... they would say nose chin etc ... he would say no the back of the head .... via their face ?

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

To be fair to Wilder he knows he only needs that one opportunity and he completely backs himself to 1 punch finish... this might not be a golden age for the heavies but the completely different styles make it really interesting....

I think Wilder will finish Fury in the next fight, ortiz is a good boxer and a bigger hitter than Fury, I just can't see Fury staying out of range for 12 rounds....it could be a great fight 

Wilder cant outbox Fury but he knows Fury can only pepper him with shots. Only thing Wilder has better than Fury is power. What makes the rematch so interesting is to see who has made the right adjustments and also will Fury be any fitter/sharper/better now he has had a few more fights since his comeback ?What it comes down to again is can the puncher beat the boxer or does the boxer beat the puncher. Hoping for a good fight and the best man to win and no controversy.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2
26 minutes ago, MickC said:

Wilder cant outbox Fury but he knows Fury can only pepper him with shots. Only thing Wilder has better than Fury is power. What makes the rematch so interesting is to see who has made the right adjustments and also will Fury be any fitter/shatpet/better now he has had a few more fights since his comeback ?What it comes down to again is can the puncher beat the boxer or does the boxer beat the puncher. Hoping for a good fight and the best man to win and no controversy.

I agree Mick, only thing is Fury looked poor in his last fight and no matter the bravado that will be in his head... wilder looked like Wilder in his last couple of fights...a 1 punch finisher, I think that might be the difference... like you say the best man will win, I hope Fury beats him...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

I agree Mick, only thing is Fury looked poor in his last fight and no matter the bravado that will be in his head... wilder looked like Wilder in his last couple of fights...a 1 punch finisher, I think that might be the difference... like you say the best man will win, I hope Fury beats him...

Fury seems to raise his game the better the opponent is and tbh Wilder for all his faults has looked devastating since the first Fury fight so Fury needs to be fully focussed this time if he is going to win. Wilder cant rely on one big bomb every fight or can he ? Its the classic match up between the puncher and the boxer and the interest is to see who prevails !

• Like 1
1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

Where does everyone think aj figures in the future top fights?

I'm looking forward to seeing how he fights next weekend, he didn't look right at all in the first fight, but maybe that's just because Ruiz had his number....

I think he beats Ruiz though next time out and sets up some very interesting fights, how can you call it though? Such different styles, I really think Fury would struggle with both Joshua and Wilder purely down to lack of power.... bit like Mick says above he gets up for a big fight and loves the big event.... for a shit era they keep us talking!! Lol

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Who would have thought it ?A bit early for April fools so lets hope its not a wind up.Joshua has offered to spar with Fury in camp to help him beat Wilder and Fury has accepted and said he’d love to have Joshua in camp with him and well done in beating Ruiz. I knew they rang each other up and talked etc but this is something else. Lets hope both there camps allow it to happen and lets be honest, both these fighters can benefit from this taking place if it happens as well as them getting a good look at each other should they meet down the road . Here is the link, typical anti Brit article tbh by Gilfoid as usual .

https://www.boxingnews24p.com/2019/12/fury-accepts-joshuas-offer-to-spar/

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2