Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Astanley said:

Decent fighter Ortiz ,but slower movement in the middle rounds ,plus carrying your chin high against a heavy hitting one punch finisher ...it was only going to end one way 

Plus ortiz is around 50 years old, ??

12 hours ago, Astanley said:

Decent fighter Ortiz ,but slower movement in the middle rounds ,plus carrying your chin high against a heavy hitting one punch finisher ...it was only going to end one way 

This ^^ plus old age and Ortiz getting complacent. I still think Fury beats Wilder in the rematch and I think that the Ruiz that beat Joshua would also beat him . jmo

On 23/11/2019 at 23:09, Baz2 said:

Ryder got robbed there... Definatley deserved the win then

I thought John fought the perfect fight his tactics were spot on and he followed orders brilliantly he had been working before the fight on explosive legs,not getting into a battle of jabs with Smith but literally lunging into range and leading with the straight left down the middle....i dont think Johns a better fighter than Smith by any means but i do think he deserved the win the other night....it was close enough that you cant scream and shout about losing but some of the scoring was ridiculous.John landed the better punches,was constantly pushing the fight and made more of a dent on Smith than Smith made on him....he,s a good old fashioned bruiser who got the very best out of himself in order to beat a superior opponent but lost what i would say was a hometown decision i was gutted for him.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

That Wilder is one weird fighter aint he ?.....he,s terrible.....literally an awful fundamental boxer......but stone me what a marksman,i heard someone compare him to Tommy Hearns which i thought was a terrible comparison Hearns had a lot of skills and ability......Wilder literally has 1 punch....but what a punch that is.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

That Wilder is one weird fighter aint he ?.....he,s terrible.....literally an awful fundamental boxer......but stone me what a marksman,i heard someone compare him to Tommy Hearns which i thought was a terrible comparison Hearns had a lot of skills and ability......Wilder literally has 1 punch....but what a punch that is.

You're not getting confused with mine and max's banter are you gnash. I mentioned, months ago, that if tommy hearns caught tyson fury cleanly, he'd ko him. Tommy hearns was 10 times the fighter that wilder is. And I know you find my thoughts on wilder quite amusing, but I've got to say it again, WILDER IS FAAACKING TERRIBLE lol ?

21 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You're not getting confused with mine and max's banter are you gnash. I mentioned, months ago, that if tommy hearns caught tyson fury cleanly, he'd ko him. Tommy hearns was 10 times the fighter that wilder is. And I know you find my thoughts on wilder quite amusing, but I've got to say it again, WILDER IS FAAACKING TERRIBLE lol ?

No it was one of the pundits on the show itself im sure it was....Bellew or Crolla was it.......and yes fair play i remember you saying how bad he was,only because at the time i thought you was going a bit over the top but f**k me you was right he,s awful.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

No it was one of the pundits on the show itself im sure it was....Bellew or Crolla was it.......and yes fair play i remember you saying how bad he was,only because at the time i thought you was going a bit over the top but f**k me you was right he,s awful.

Lol seriously makes you think just how protected he's been, or how many chinless opponents he's actually been fed, to have such a high ko and win ratio.

He couldn't ko fury, nearly did, and he aint that hard to hit, and is 'fairly' chinny. But nope, 'bambi' wilder couldn't finish him lol. 

It's ok, I'm already expecting a tirade of abuse from disgruntled fury fans ?. But, I have very broad shoulders ?

• Like 1
Just now, shaaark said:

Lol seriously makes you think just how protected he's been, or how many chinless opponents he's actually been fed, to have such a high ko and win ratio.

He couldn't ko fury, nearly did, and he aint that hard to hit, and is 'fairly' chinny. But nope, 'bambi' wilder couldn't finish him lol. 

It's ok, I'm already expecting a tirade of abuse from disgruntled fury fans ?. But, I have very broad shoulders ?

3 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Awfully effective and plays to his strengths .

Speed - Athleticism - POWER.

Cant fault him really' why try and box when you cannot.

Roll on February ' what a game of chess in the offing .

Tadaaa ?

• Haha 2