Boxing At The Weekend...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

Im not convinced by Usyk i wasnt before last night....very good fighter but thats the state of heavyweight boxing these days the giants can and will beat far superior fighters.

Its not like when Spinks or Holyfield moved up they were fighting men slightly bigger than themself.....Usyk just wont have the power to trouble the giants in my opinion.

Great night last night, watched some cracking fights at the local show...

Ended up having a drink after with a couple of trainers from Finchley, good craic alround .

20191012_221309.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im not convinced by Usyk i wasnt before last night....very good fighter but thats the state of heavyweight boxing these days the giants can and will beat far superior fighters.

Its not like when Spinks or Holyfield moved up they were fighting men slightly bigger than themself.....Usyk just wont have the power to trouble the giants in my opinion.

On one hand I agree with you gnash. On the other hand, when hoyfield etc moved up, they were fighting really good heavyweights. I can quite easily see usyk being heavyweight world champion.

I don't think it's just the size difference. Take tyson, 5'10", hammered a few fighters that were 5, 6,  or 7 inches taller than himself, and was outweighed in almost all his fights. Can't see usyk having too many problems beating todays heavyweights

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Great night last night, watched some cracking fights at the local show...

Ended up having a drink after with a couple of trainers from Finchley, good craic alround .

20191012_221309.jpg

They were some of the best shows we went, Middleton Hall, Oldham Civic Center, Etc Etc. Seen a few minor champs in the making, 80s.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, shaaark said:

On one hand I agree with you gnash. On the other hand, when hoyfield etc moved up, they were fighting really good heavyweights. I can quite easily see usyk being heavyweight world champion.

I don't think it's just the size difference. Take tyson, 5'10", hammered a few fighters that were 5, 6,  or 7 inches taller than himself, and was outweighed in almost all his fights. Can't see usyk having too many problems beating todays heavyweights

maybe not, but Aj  6ft 6in , so is wilder , fury 6ft 9in Aj and fury weigh well over 16 st, wilder the lighter but still touching 16st, but prob the most power of the heavy weights. i think wilder would be very dangerous  fight for usyk , wilder i  think would be all over him quick and try to take him out quick, not like Aj or fury who , take 6-7 rounds to finish him. the old saying a good big un will always beat a good little un , and it true,  just look at bulldogs, a game 40lb dog comes unstuck  against game 60lb bulldog .

On 13/10/2019 at 17:39, shaaark said:

Tyson had extraordinary power and the style to chase down the big robots.....Usyk doesnt he is a much more technical fighter than will not be able to use physicality to overcome bigger guys.....listen i hope he cleans up it will be good for the division.....i just dont think he will the gap is just too big now.

• Like 2

Beterbiev v Gvodzyk be a good fight I think between the top two Light Heavyweights imo and also Ritson v Davies jnr should be a good fight.I think if Ritson cant stop Davies jnr early he will get beat. Even though Ritson has moved up he still seems to fade after 5 rounds and looks very susceptible to body shots, certainly be an interesting fight and they dont like each other one bit which usually makes for a good fight.

Edited by MickC
3 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Patrick Day RIP. Tough old sport ?

Terrible terrible news,poor lad....really upsets me seeing courageous and committed young men paying the ultimate price for chasing their dreams.

Happening far too often this year as well.

• Like 2