Boxing At The Weekend...

Well that was a f****n disaster. Set my alarm for 4 so I was a bit behind so I could fast forward inbetween rounds. Turned Tele on and I had left it on channel so straight away I saw who won. Then I went into planner and I hadnt even put it on to f****n record!

Watched the interviews and clips. One thing about wilder is when he sees a wobble he jumps on it big time. I don't think there is anyone around at the minute with that finishing instinct. When him and AN get in the ring I think it will be a case of who connects properly first because they are both prone to getting hit.

• Haha 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

Well that was a f****n disaster. Set my alarm for 4 so I was a bit behind so I could fast forward inbetween rounds. Turned Tele on and I had left it on channel so straight away I saw who won. Then I went into planner and I hadnt even put it on to f****n record!

Watched the interviews and clips. One thing about wilder is when he sees a wobble he jumps on it big time. I don't think there is anyone around at the minute with that finishing instinct. When him and AN get in the ring I think it will be a case of who connects properly first because they are both prone to getting hit.

I did similar set alarm for 4 o'clock   and it had already started it was on round 4  then my stream kept breaking down so I only caught bits 

• Like 1

Ortiz didn't really pressure him though...hadn't got the cardio to really test him...one time he did he nearly got him...thought Ortiz was the better skilled fighter...he needed to send a snappy jab over to occupy Wilder and keep him back peddling....Wilder likes to hang just out of range...feinting and trying to draw a lead so that he can throw that big swinging right...it's a club...when he lands it he's on you like a flash.....if he lands on AJ he's in trouble....AJ needs to  come in a bit lighter and work on his stamina...maybe lay out of the strength training a bit....still think AJ will make Wilder fight going backwards with stiff jabs....Ortiz gave him the blueprint....but Wilder always got the Bombsquad.....still favour AJ to connect over the first 6...Wilder was in big trouble last night....lucky that Ortiz wasn't 10 years younger....think AJ has more strings to his bow than "one trick pony" Wilder...either way it will be epic, assuming AJ gets by  Parker....

• Like 1

By far the best I've seen from Wilder yet,ortiz quickly looked his real age whatever that is lol but as you say voon I think the blueprint was written and that's a meaningful counters to everything Wilder throws to make him think twice about throwing in the first place but no easy task when what he throws are bombs ?  and with AJ stamina who knows, he can't afford to faid for a second nevermind 3 rounds. 

• Like 1

First time I have watched a full wilder fight and I was pretty impressed. Ortiz hurt him in seventh but not too much that he couldn't ride it out. Ortiz outboxed him early and he is a very skilled boxer but it was far from a one sided beating. The thing that impressed me was when wilder opened up in the 6th and 10th he lit him up! Very fast,  powerful and explosive. Can joshua handle that? It remains to be seen but I am starting to think he couldn't...

1 hour ago, VOON said:

Ortiz didn't really pressure him though...hadn't got the cardio to really test him...one time he did he nearly got him...thought Ortiz was the better skilled fighter...he needed to send a snappy jab over to occupy Wilder and keep him back peddling....Wilder likes to hang just out of range...feinting and trying to draw a lead so that he can throw that big swinging right...it's a club...when he lands it he's on you like a flash.....if he lands on AJ he's in trouble....AJ needs to  come in a bit lighter and work on his stamina...maybe lay out of the strength training a bit....still think AJ will make Wilder fight going backwards with stiff jabs....Ortiz gave him the blueprint....but Wilder always got the Bombsquad.....still favour AJ to connect over the first 6...Wilder was in big trouble last night....lucky that Ortiz wasn't 10 years younger....think AJ has more strings to his bow than "one trick pony" Wilder...either way it will be epic, assuming AJ gets by  Parker....

yeh, just watched it , Aj could deff have prob here, if Aj takes a shot and wobbles just a bit like did and went down, wilder will be on him in secs and finish him thee and then  deff , not like  klitschko   did and let him back in to the fight to win it.  Aj  deff could loose this one with his stamina, and possible  defence  , if he hold his guard and boxes with his big bombs   with big jabs, uses his head , then throw big right hands to KO wilder , if he can do this  he could win, if not he will loose , plus he got to get past parker 1st :yes:  

2 hours ago, CushtyJook said:

Wilder v aj is the fight we want is aj beats Parker no excuses get the fight on after 

No it’s not. I bet Joshua v Fury has been one of the most hotly debated topics in THL history..., that’s the one we want to see.

If AJ beats Parker then he’ll need the Wilder fight relatively quick to unify the belts. I’m not convinced that it’ll be made this year. The Fury fight would be a blockbuster and might even gross more than the unification. 

I seen Tyson on social media stating he’s about to announce some massive deal. Hopefully that means he’ll be back in the ring soon and in the frame for AJ when the time comes.

Edited by pesky1972

Clenelo has been dubious for years  but they wont do nothing about it as hes a cash cow. There is two failed tests and funny how no denying it his camp just said it was contaminated meat straight away.Lucas Browne was stripped of the Title for his fail with Clenbuterol and a 6 month ban iirc. The World is watching,if the authorities do nothing what message does that send to other athletes ? Clenelo is going to struggle to make weight for the rematch if the fight still goes ahead.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, MickC said:

Clenelo has been dubious for years  but they wont do nothing about it as hes a cash cow. There is two failed tests and funny how no denying it his camp just said it was contaminated meat straight away.Lucas Browne was stripped of the Title for his fail with Clenbuterol and a 6 month ban iirc. The World is watching,if the authorities do nothing what message does that send to other athletes ? Clenelo is going to struggle to make weight for the rematch if the fight still goes ahead.

Quote of the day

Mexican accent....

Canelo.........." I was born peddy".  ??

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

No it’s not. I bet Joshua v Fury has been one of the most hotly debated topics in THL history..., that’s the one we want to see.

If AJ beats Parker then he’ll need the Wilder fight relatively quick to unify the belts. I’m not convinced that it’ll be made this year. The Fury fight would be a blockbuster and might even gross more than the unification. 

I seen Tyson on social media stating he’s about to announce some massive deal. Hopefully that means he’ll be back in the ring soon and in the frame for AJ when the time comes.

Yes your right but fury isn't ready for aj yet is he I think fury will want atlesst three fights untill aj I don't think aj fury is for another year at the earliest I agree fury v aj is the biggest fight and what we all want but aj wilder has time to be done before that 

3 hours ago, CushtyJook said:

Yes your right but fury isn't ready for aj yet is he I think fury will want atlesst three fights untill aj I don't think aj fury is for another year at the earliest I agree fury v aj is the biggest fight and what we all want but aj wilder has time to be done before that 

who do you think will  win   Aj  or Wilder , i think this will be another good test for Aj  , not sure on this one .:hmm: