Gaz_1989

Boxing At The Weekend...

9 minutes ago, MickC said:

Probably the most respectful I've seen Wilder in this clip sitting with Ruiz discussing a potential fight to be the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion. With them both being under Haymon no doubt he will try everything in his power to put this fight together.

I think the same about wilder chasing the uni fight, who can blame him? Out of nowhere Ruiz is now in a fight or 2 for a unification of the division, either AJs camp knew wilder would have flattened him or they were just too greedy and lost out, still fury is chipping away from the sidelines and could end up unified champ yet, personally il say I think AJ will retire if Ruiz beats him again 

43 minutes ago, CushtyJook said:

Nice merc that I’m a transit man personally but yours is nice how you finding it atm in the scrap everyone and there mums is on it round here atm 

Cheers mate and scrap itself is not the best right now tbh but I’ve started to save a lot more stuff and sell it instead of scrapping it so its all good and probably better than weighing it in

Edited by Stoney100

On 21/07/2019 at 16:25, Stoney100 said:

Yes mate still doing the scrap, got a couple of decent wagons now that should last me a good few years, and I’ve still got her mate, she’s 12 now but still in good shape for a mooch about with my couple of bushers (cocker x patt) 

AA50657D-0F14-489B-896A-8D41F10F0AD6.jpeg.17869de3321b34a8b7a2733a00415cb5.jpeg

13DE0F40-1322-48DD-9DA9-7B6FA7FDA4CB.jpeg.9b192a49050659c19fb518f2e636040f.jpeg

15BBDDC3-F893-43AB-AB06-0CC04CE063D7.jpeg.eda3ffc072748b81c438ccbbb40fe13f.jpeg

Brings a tear to my eye every time I see another smiley going to the great scrapyard in the sky the last great transit 😭

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Brings a tear to my eye every time I see another smiley going to the great scrapyard in the sky the last great transit 😭

Yeah mate it’s a shame but it was literally a rust bucket! Soon be none left but I will always love the sound of that engine lol

• Like 1

Just got two tickets for lomachenko v Campbell 🥊 get on the o2 website before they sell out! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yarde vs Kolalev? I think Kolalev stops him late...

12 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Tragic news....i cant really put my finger on why but these incidents certainly seem to be on the rise again over the last few years.

just read paul ingles book cracking little book I couldn't put it down ,section in it during his time in the hospital written by his mum which is very moving ..

• Like 1

On 21/07/2019 at 21:18, MickC said:

Gnash it's good to see Whyte win and he is improving which is nice to see but I disagree with him being a breath of fresh air as his predicament is one of his own doing due to the opportunitys he has turned down and did he not also refuse the Joshua fight because he said he was worth more ? As for media whore he's as bad as any of them,have you seen how many videos he has up on social media etc ? Quite a few of them complaining about how long he has been waiting for a WBC Title shot yet it was he himself who refused well over a year ago to fight Ortiz for the WBC mandatory position,refused to fight Pulev for the IBF mandatory position and the one I can't get my head round is refusing to fight Joshua for the four belts. Like you mentioned Whyte has grafted to get back in the mix after losing to Joshua nobody can take that away from him,but refusing the Joshua rematch !?! I'm of the opinion now that Whyte beats Joshua which would have been an epic win for him but he let the opportunity pass. I also think that now Joshua has lost that Hearn is showing Whyte a bit more attention. As for the WBC well they have also done him a favour as they allowed him to fight there no10 ranked fighter for the mandatory position after he refused to fight there no4 ranked fighter (Ortiz). Being fair, now that last nights win has made Whyte the WBC mandatory the WBC should make Wilder fight Whyte after the Ortiz rematch and stop prolonging the fight,however I have a feeling that should Ruiz beat Joshua again Wilder will go after Ruiz and leave Whyte out on the sidelines and as a unification trumps a mandatory there will be nothing that Whyte can do about it.

When i said media whore Mick i didnt mean interviews,all fighters have to do interviews i accept that... im talking in terms of the social media popularity and selling sob stories to a gullible public to gain career momentum instead of winning competitive fights to gain momentum....every man has his price and Dillian isnt willing to sell himself out he knows he is not the finished article and wants to win the title not just get all the trappings of what comes with fighting for it so i can see the logic in being picky,what puts him above others as a sportsman is he isnt willing to sit about waiting having silly staged bouts or like i say whore himself out to gain position he is FIGHTING his way into stronger positions......the ins and outs and fannying about always has and always will go on only now its open for public scrutiny where it was always behind closed doors.....but this jostling for position by NOT fighting is a peculiar new thing that has come into the sport,and certainly for the worse in my opinion,hence i find Whyte a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Tragic news....i cant really put my finger on why but these incidents certainly seem to be on the rise again over the last few years.

Fighters just aren't as good. Lad i  went to school with is a pro and he takes terrible damage every fight. He is technically terrible however hes a great athlete very fit , good chin and seems to recover in seconds.  He had very little amatuer experience and really cant box. Some how just has a winning record. Seems like alot of the time these days being strong and fit is enough to go pro.

8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Is it a dehydration thing you think ? or should refs and ring side judges be more aware of punishment fighters are taking ? I know there is big money involved but Ive seen many a fight go 1 or 2 rds to far................who knows? and can it be eradicated? 

12 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

When i said media whore Mick i didnt mean interviews,all fighters have to do interviews i accept that... im talking in terms of the social media popularity and selling sob stories to a gullible public to gain career momentum instead of winning competitive fights to gain momentum....every man has his price and Dillian isnt willing to sell himself out he knows he is not the finished article and wants to win the title not just get all the trappings of what comes with fighting for it so i can see the logic in being picky,what puts him above others as a sportsman is he isnt willing to sit about waiting having silly staged bouts or like i say whore himself out to gain position he is FIGHTING his way into stronger positions......the ins and outs and fannying about always has and always will go on only now its open for public scrutiny where it was always behind closed doors.....but this jostling for position by NOT fighting is a peculiar new thing that has come into the sport,and certainly for the worse in my opinion,hence i find Whyte a breath of fresh air.

We all just have to see how it all turns out Gnash, certainly some good fights to be made now. Lets hope all the fights we want to see do happen because if Haymon ends up with all the belts in America he will do his best to make sure they stay over there .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, delswal said:

Is it a dehydration thing you think ? or should refs and ring side judges be more aware of punishment fighters are taking ? I know there is big money involved but Ive seen many a fight go 1 or 2 rds to far................who knows? and can it be eradicated? 

Don't know the stats, but I'd think that with the improvements in strength training, in sports in general, but especially in boxing, fighters are getting hit harder, therefore taking more 'dangerous' headshots. 

There was a move to try to ban boxing some years ago. Don't know if that'd be the answer, with all the money it generates now. And apart from blows to the head being disallowed, as in some martial arts contests, I can't think what else could be done.

Be good to know the stats of ko's by headshots from say up til the 70's and to the current day

There are other sports with a higher loss of life than boxing has unfortunately. Since the Watson tragedy the BBBOC are now probably the best in the World.Banning it would only drive boxing underground with no legislation and very doubtful then for any medical attention/procedures.

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2016/03/31/boxing-is-safer-than-11721/

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1