Boxing At The Weekend...

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

I hope it's Fury but it's a 50-50

You got to stay switched on till the end with Wilder.

He closes distance very fast and his devestating punch is their for all to see.

Wilder is dangerous ' that don't bother Fury .

Cant wait and no matter what the outcome I hope Fury and AJ get it on in the summer at the SOL I mean Wembley.

Yes, definitely got to stay focussed if he wants to stay away from that right hand. He can't afford to fanny around like he did last time. If wilder caught him with the same punch he dropped ortiz with on saturday, he wouldn't have got back up

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Joshua really is just a straight acting kid no frills and tassles he doesnt fall into all the silly stuff that is popular with fighters these days he has the mindset that if he is good enough he will

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

The one Fury got caught with was as good a shot if not better.

Fury takes a shot simple as that ' Hughie is the same ' he also takes a good shot.

Personally, I don't think tyson fury does actually take a really good shot, he's been over quite a few times, and I know it's not the same as getting ko'd,  but not going to argue over it. From what I remember, the punch that dropped ortiz had more speed, snap and power to it, and was delivered straight as an arrow. Whatever, fury can't afford to fanny around

He cant box but he can certainly bang!

Everything he does looks awkward, but that was a great straight right and no one wouldve stayed on their feet.... can Fury avoid being hit for 12 rounds?.. cause he sure as shit doesn't worry Wilder with his power..

• Like 2
21 hours ago, shaaark said:

Personally, I don't think tyson fury does actually take a really good shot, he's been over quite a few times, and I know it's not the same as getting ko'd,  but not going to argue over it. From what I remember, the punch that dropped ortiz had more speed, snap and power to it, and was delivered straight as an arrow. Whatever, fury can't afford to fanny around

The shot that Wilder knocked Ortiz out with was a far more damaging shot than the shot he hit Fury with......any fighter will tell you they would rather get hit flush on the chin than high up on the head like that your equilibrium go,s and you just cant recover the count could of reached 30 and he still wouldnt of seen the round out.

Fury doesnt take a good shot you are right but he has good powers of recovery and is efficient with his energy.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The shot that Wilder knocked Ortiz out with was a far more damaging shot than the shot he hit Fury with......any fighter will tell you they would rather get hit flush on the chin than high up on the head like that your equilibrium go,s and you just cant recover the count could of reached 30 and he still wouldnt of seen the round out.

Fury doesnt take a good shot you are right but he has good powers of recovery and is efficient with his energy.

I knew I remembered right. That punch that dropped ortiz was a belter fairplay. Fury would NOT have got up from it. Similar set up and punch that dropped brezeale

3 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

How do we know he wouldn't of got up? 

You a fury fan then? The punch that put ortiz down was FAR harder and faster than the ones that put fury over  far far harder

Edited by shaaark
14 minutes ago, shaaark said:

You a fury fan then? The punch that put ortiz down was FAR harder and faster than the ones that put fury over  far far harder

Not a fan of any really, prefer fury tbh just interested to know how you know he wouldn't get up from it? 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I dont think its so much that it was a harder punch its where it landed....he hit Fury with those big swinging flashy looking punches but the Ortiz one was a horrible punch to have to take......do you remember the fight when Mike Tyson first ever became champion against Trevor Berbick that was a similar punch that ended that.....he had caught Berbick before that with big flashy swings and wobbled him but the punch that finished him was a straight shot high up on the head that ruined Berbicks equilibrium.....not too dissimilar to the punch Wilder hit Ortiz with the other night.....as a fighter you know your not coming back from those.

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont think its so much that it was a harder punch its where it landed....he hit Fury with those big swinging flashy looking punches but the Ortiz one was a horrible punch to have to take......do you remember the fight when Mike Tyson first ever became champion against Trevor Berbick that was a similar punch that ended that.....he had caught Berbick before that with big flashy swings and wobbled him but the punch that finished him was a straight shot high up on the head that ruined Berbicks equilibrium.....not too dissimilar to the punch Wilder hit Ortiz with the other night.....as a fighter you know your not coming back from those.

Yes I remember ?

4 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Not a fan of any really, prefer fury tbh just interested to know how you know he wouldn't get up from it? 

Ok, I see where you're coming from. Fury only just managed to get up from the second knockdown, lucky/long ish count? And the punch was nowhere near as clean or as hard as the one that dropped ortiz

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Ok, I see where you're coming from. Fury only just managed to get up from the second knockdown, lucky/long ish count? And the punch was nowhere near as clean or as hard as the one that dropped ortiz

Yeah true shaaark but he took that last shot after 12 rounds of boxing and still got up.  Me personally think he would of got up but whos to know???

• Like 1